Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

im one of the only ones round here who has this thing figured out kid.

@Ambrose_McNulty

Returning to cultural values;

Abstract of a Samoan study here-

What can the Samoan “Fa’afafine” teach us about the Western concept of gender identity disorder in childhood?

This article examines whether gender identity disorder in childhood (GIDC) constitutes a mental disorder as outlined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition (DSM-IV-TR). Data were collected in Samoa, a culture that is characterized by a high degree of social tolerance towards feminine males who are known locally as fa’afafine. The study location was chosen because, unlike Western locales, it afforded the opportunity to examine whether gender-atypical behavior, gender-atypical identity, and sex-atypical identity, in and of themselves, cause distress in sex/gender variant individuals, while simultaneously controlling for the confounding effects of extreme societal intolerance towards such individuals. Because of our focus on the DSM-IV-TR’s diagnosis of GIDC, we were specifically interested in ascertaining whether adult fa’afafine recalled a strong and persistent cross-gender identification in childhood, a sense of inappropriateness in the male-typical gender role, a discomfort with their sex, or distress associated with any of the above. In addition, we sought to determine whether parental encouragement or discouragement of cross-gender behaviors influence feelings of distress in relation to the behaviors in question. Based on the cross-cultural information presented here, we conclude that the diagnostic category of GIDC should not occur in its current form in future editions of the DSM, as there is no compelling evidence that cross-gender behaviors or identities, in and of themselves, cause distress in the individual.

1 Like

would you let one of these transgender weirdos nosh you off if you think they are so great?

1 Like

Unbelievable scenes. Clicked into the thread for the first time in a couple of days and was laughing heartily at this:

But my mood soon turned sour when the research/case studies cropped up.

4 Likes

I have to admit that was a high point. The summaries of 200+ ‘scientific’ studies posted by Sid brought things to a shuddering halt (Can you ‘accidentally’ delete this thread?). If this is the level you’ve to go to win an argument on the internet, I think I’d prefer a finger in the ass.

1 Like

@Rocko close this shite

1 Like

The lads have shown their cards alright, all 5 aces

1 Like

Everyone of ye are faggots.

Not @Joe_Player or @feck_it

1 Like

Sorry joe, sorry feck it.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

West Belfast Green Party Candidate “Ellen” Murray.

Are you taking a walk on the wild side kid?

Please Lock this thread @rocko

Seamus?

1 Like

The country’s cowped.

@HBV posted the website earlier, a very common occurrence

At least Jenner paid for the surgery unlike the taxpayer like you get in Britain and probably Ireland as well

It should be treated as a disability

3 Likes