Is Rudi a poster in decline?

I am worried he is. My heart says No, but my small brain says Yes.

He’s barely even talking to himself on the seria A thread anymore. It used to be a veritable brook of babble over there.

Time for a rebrand

All posters are in decline. I’ve been in decline since 2010 when I proudly revelled in my status as the 23rd most relevant poster on this site… Posters here are very much like chippers in that way. There used to be so many great chippers in Ireland, but they’re all in decline, or so people say.

We rage against the dying of the light
We try as we might to fight
When it is bright and when it is night
Debating with those behind keyboards out of sight
Trying to come up with new things to write
Attempting to argue with bite, on this ever declining website
Against little runts and those of great height
But in the end just typing a load of shite

1 Like

No and if you genuinely think I am then you are a bigger fool than I initially thought.

FYI information, your namesake received a round of applause and standing ovation from the Roma squad after his half time team talk on Saturday night.

My respect for Rudi has diminished somehwhat due to his over the top criticism of Kevinn Strootman and his inability to row back and admit he was wrong and actually praise the magnificent young Dutchman.

We all make mistakes and I think if he just admitted he had gotten his initial accessment wrong and was only being overly harsh on Strootman due to the fact that I was bigging him up we could both move on and enjoy what a wonderful talent he is

1 Like

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 842414, member: 1137”]My respect for Rudi has diminished somehwhat due to his over the top criticism of Kevinn Strootman and his inability to row back and admit he was wrong and actually praise the magnificent young Dutchman.

We all make mistakes and I think if he just admitted he had gotten his initial accessment wrong and was only being overly harsh on Strootman due to the fact that I was bigging him up we could both move on and enjoy what a wonderful talent he is[/quote]

Of course, we also had the high profile error on last week’s Champions League thread where he claimed Miku played upfront on his own for Celtic at home to Barcelona last season. The error in itself wouldn’t have been so serious but for the fact he was ridiculing me for correctly stating Samaras played the role. Again, I’m still awaiting a fulsome apology.

As an internet juggernaut once said on here “it is important to be flexible in your opinions”. Nobody will mind if someone gets something wrong as long as they are willing to admit it. #weallmakemistakes

Very true. And what better way could @Rudi express his regret by accepting me back into TFK’s Roma family. I believe his decision is due today.

Correct. I can’t recall a single instance where somebody was criticised on here for backing down from their original opinion.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 842414, member: 1137”]My respect for Rudi has diminished somehwhat due to his over the top criticism of Kevinn Strootman and his inability to row back and admit he was wrong and actually praise the magnificent young Dutchman.

We all make mistakes and I think if he just admitted he had gotten his initial accessment wrong and was only being overly harsh on Strootman due to the fact that I was bigging him up we could both move on and enjoy what a wonderful talent he is[/quote]

He was very tough on Negredo as well but I think he rowed back on that.

I have praised Strootman, my judgement was fair on his early performances.

I would just like to say that I made a packet only last week betting on Inter to beat Sassuolo on Rudi’s suggestion, so I could not agree with the notion that he is a poster in decline.

In fact here is a post I made a couple of weeks ago praising Strootman.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 836948, member: 1052”]Not yet pal, hopefully something not too serious.

Maicon has probably been our best signing this summer. It’s rare to see a side with so many new faces coming together with great effect so early. Maicon, Benatia, Strootman and De Sanctis have all been great so far.

The most encouraging thing is the return to form of De Rossi in a Roma shirt, he looks like a player who has been liberated of the pressure he was feeling.[/quote]

Is he a better player than I initially thought? Yes.

Is he as good as you are making out? No.

I have pointed out weaknesses in his game that are still there and evident but I think we play with a beautiful balance in midfield now that these limitations are not exposed as much. He has been integral to our midfield as his industry and defensive robustness has allowed De Rossi and Pjanic to flourish, but they all compliment each other. De Rossi is still the main man in midfield and Strootman has probably been our fourth best signing this summer after Maicon, Benatia and Gervinho.

I actually feel I called Strootman spot on, I noted his defensive qualities and ball winning abilities while highlighting how he struggled being the person who could add urgency when the play is at a flat tempo. At Roma he has been allowed focus on his strengths and let De Rossi and Pjanic take up the mantle in dictating the play.

De Rossi is the leader, Pjanic is the brain and Strootman is their enforcer.

Rudi is the heart and soul of this forum.

You are very materialistic.

Money talks. You know that.

1 Like

I actually chuckled at that. It was funny, well done.

His decline (did he ever have a high?) is now terminal.

It’s time the mods stepped in and banned this vile arsehole from the forum.