Is Your Job Recession Proof?

Problem is for all of us is that we’re stuck in this country.

Edit: Stuck isnt the right word, “currently living” is the right phrase. Get out now! If I get let go I’ll be out of this place asap

:smiley:

Ssshhhh or else I’ll set the millenium bug after you

I know it’s better than having no job at all in the current climate but I’ve to go abroad for a couple of days with work this week. I wouldn’t mind if it was a decent country but it’s fooking Cork.

Can’t you forge a sick note or something?
I know a lad from Moscow who could fix it for you

You could maybe “forget” your passport or something?

Never pleasant going to Cork, a quick in and out job is always preferable there.

[quote=“Lazarus”]Can’t you forge a sick note or something?
I know a lad from Moscow who could fix it for you[/quote]

Enough with the outsourcing. We need to keep work in the country. :smiley:

If you happen to bump into Kev be sure to give him a good pat on the back for the rest of us

Thanks Maurice, much appreciated and your bang on about the invoicing system. I’ll tell ye how the bank go, the initial over the phone talks were very encouraging and the guy said he liked the idea, but talk is cheap, he needs to sign the loan approval.

Recruitment has been hit very hard. Probably too many of them anyway, but its still awful for ye. In fairness NCC, she must have been good at it to last this long. There was an unbelieveable clearout in Cork there around January, people i’d been dealing with just fell off the face of the earth.

defo way too many recruitment companies & a lot of them would have been woeful anyway

Don’t talk to me. I’d say over the years i’ve met two outstanding people, 2 good, a few competent and a whole load of absolute wasters.
Doesn’t take too much for them to drop you a line and say that you haven’t got an interview, or they don’t want to proceed, or in one case they do want to proceed but i couldn’t be bothered getting in contact with you because i forgot and the company had to make direct contact, muppets.

Sorry to hear about that Gman and Maurice.

In other news my 6 or so weeks of dossing around are over. Started a new job yesterday and am probably working with 2 well known posters here :smiley: :smiley:

A really ugly bastard started in my place yesterday.

No wrong firm :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Sorry to hear about that Gman and Maurice.

In other news my 6 or so weeks of dossing around. Started a new job yesterday and am probably working with 2 well known posters here :smiley: :D[/QUOTE]

Good to hear you got a job so quick. You must be good!

Working in that Somalian Bank with Carter and Bandage eh?

aha

and that’s why yesterday was disappointing for you as tit monday:p

[quote=“KIB man”]Go for it Kev big time. Recession is a great time to start a business. Getting the mullah to start it is the problem as Ive found over here.

Lots of people arent paying the bills tho, some cunts blatantly abuse the limited liability clause for a company. Finding someone guilty of reckless trading is one of the toughest things to prove legally. Going bankrupt is the easy option and it can crucify creditors.

A large building contractor I know is owed a few million from a hotel he built and furnished. He will do well to keep going with that kind of unpaid bill[/QUOTE]

Ltd liability is voided by reckless trading.

Bankruptcy is a very difficult option in Ireland, it is not waived for 12 years or something so very rarely used. Common in the UK alright, which is a main reason why they have a higher rate of entrepreneurship than us apparently

Hard luck G Man.

If I was let go I have a plan, I would do a TEFL course and fook off to the cheapest place I could find to live for a year or two. Buenos Aires maybe, might as well be broke somewhere else really.

Sorry to hear today’s news Gman - it’s bad timing all right but I applaud your attitude.
Good wishes to both of you for the future and indeed to all forumites who may be experiencing difficulties.
The country appears to be fucked.