Is Your Job Recession Proof?

Its a bollix and hard to see the end of the tunnel, but everything is surmountable.
I never did believe this before, but maybe things do happen for a reason, best of luck with it.

[quote=“KIB man”]Go for it Kev big time. Recession is a great time to start a business. Getting the mullah to start it is the problem as Ive found over here.

Lots of people arent paying the bills tho, some cunts blatantly abuse the limited liability clause for a company. Finding someone guilty of reckless trading is one of the toughest things to prove legally. Going bankrupt is the easy option and it can crucify creditors.

A large building contractor I know is owed a few million from a hotel he built and furnished. He will do well to keep going with that kind of unpaid bill[/QUOTE]

Its brutal. Some people in Ireland feel they shouldn’t pay for anything though. I worked with a guy who believed we were the most unreliable and were not people of our word. 30 days means 60 days and so on. Its a terrible culture to have.
Hopefull if it works out like i planned i’ll be throwing a load of the risk (and chasing) onto the banks. We’ll see.
Thanks KIB.

my mate works in construction and he said something similar that a lot of builders are turning away work from certain companies as they reckon they won’t get paid at the end of it…

Very sorry to hear that Gman. Very difficult times for our types at the moment. Fellas losing their jobs all over the place

Sorry Gman, hope it goes okay for you.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]
Really close starting my own business in a similar field as i see a gap in my market, and expecting the bank to give me the ok next week, but its been tough, and i’m only asking for 12k. The banks are cunts, no other way of looking at it.
But its been said to me more than once that its a great time to start a business. Anyone here believe or think the same, and does anyone have any advice with it?[/QUOTE]

Here’s the same Kev, just getting the cash in hand or even credit terms is my biggest mountain at the moment. I see potential, but in some recent transactions I have had (some small sales and nixers) you wouldn’t want to be starving waiting for people to pay you either. A firm invoicing procedure is the first thing you have to get in place cos if you let it slip a week it rolls over and over and the ‘customer’ won’t come looking for you. Best of luck with the bank and that 12k, I’d be interested in hearing how you get on, and…best of luck in general with the venture.

FAO: Anyone like Kev considering setting up their own business.

I believe Flano is available for some enforcer work if creditors are refusing to pay bills.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]sorry to hear that

anything on the horrizon as an alternative

• everyones affected now i think

my wife got the bullet last week too[/QUOTE]

That’s a sickener NCC< she was in recruitment I think?

yep, id say they are closing down left right & centre but its not too bad as she will be home with the baby for the rest of the year

Sure in case the recession continues ya may aswell pop another into her.

sounds like a plan

[quote=“Bandage”]FAO: Anyone like Kev considering setting up their own business.

I believe Flano is available for some enforcer work if creditors are refusing to pay bills.[/quote]

Ah no. My clan gave up the debt collecting business before I was even born. We just hire people to do that sort of thing for us now.

I reckoning something like Computer repair could be a decent area at the moment as people will be more likely to try and get the home PC repaired or upgraded rather than just forking out more money for a new one.

I’m half thinking of setting up a bit of a business on the side doing that.

not a chance…prices are far too competitive for new pc’s…now a nixer cracking passwords (software readily available) on laptops that fell off the back of a lorry can earn you an extra small few quid…allegdly…nothing worth calling it a business though…

[quote=“The Runt”]I reckoning something like Computer repair could be a decent area at the moment as people will be more likely to try and get the home PC repaired or upgraded rather than just forking out more money for a new one.

I’m half thinking of setting up a bit of a business on the side doing that.[/QUOTE]

I’d say kev would go through a keyboard a day seeing as he is seething so often. good business there anyway!

but yeah, think setting up on your own is the only option now. there are fook all companies out there who will take on anyone these days. and fook it, as bad and all as it seems, its just an obstacle to get over. At the end of it all, I’m going home to the missus in our own house and both have good health and dont lack anything in a good life. things could be so much worse so I aint going to get all beat up over it and depressed.

[quote=“Gman”]
but yeah, think setting up on your own is the only option now. there are fook all companies out there who will take on anyone these days. and fook it, as bad and all as it seems, its just an obstacle to get over. At the end of it all, I’m going home to the missus in our own house and both have good health and dont lack anything in a good life. things could be so much worse so I aint going to get all beat up over it and depressed.[/QUOTE]

nail hit firmly on the head lad…there’s very few problems that can’t be solved…just different approach needed is all…

Good attitude, Gman. I suppose the priority once you leave the office job should be to ensure your TFK posts per month average doesn’t plummet. Once you make sure everything’s stable in this regard, you can move onto things such as future and career. You can do it.

It’ll be tough Bandage. I hope with friends and family around me encouraging me to log in during the days at home when I’m on the scratcher doing nothing will keep me going. It wont be easy mind, what with living out in the bog and dangling broadband cables out of a window, but I wont let it beat me. My TFK future is of paramount importance to me. Hopefully then, my life will turn around once I keep this noble site to the forefront.

I mean more just general IT bits and bobs. I’ve been asked to do a lot of bits and pieces for people lately, all of it very handy stuff, but your average home computer user wouldn’t trust themselves to do it.

robbing your poor neighbours by using fancy jargon …and all that was wrong was the cuntin pc wasn’t plugged in…shame on you Runt…we’re all in this recession together you know…:smiley: