Is Your Job Recession Proof?

You not in BT any more art?

jaysus no mac

got into a legal dept in the civil service and they’re paying my way through college

mind you am still getting 7.5mb broadband for the price of 1 mb wohoo !!

My place are letting people go like it was going out of fashion. Worrying times.

What industry pajo?

looks like I was right to click on the no option anyway…

why’s that gman ?

talk about redundancies in my place as well - pople cacking themselves about the budget - im hoping that they cut costs rather than straight job losses & we can volunteer for no increments & 4 day weeks etc

do you think that it’s viable option NCC given recent instances where the unions appear to take an all or nothing approach ?

we are an agency so not sure how it will work out -no one knows what the options are at the moment & the union cant really do anything until they know what is planned for us -they did say there starting point is no redundancies

FG issues a paper today calling for 5000 voluntary redundancies, no increments for people over 50K & a few other cost cutting measures

i know in my place a lot of people would be flexible if it meant there were no forced redundancies

[quote=“north county corncrake”]we are an agency so not sure how it will work out -no one knows what the options are at the moment & the union cant really do anything until they know what is planned for us -they did say there starting point is no redundancies

FG issues a paper today calling for 5000 voluntary redundancies, no increments for people over 50K & a few other cost cutting measures

i know in my place a lot of people would be flexible if it meant there were no forced redundancies[/quote]

just had a look at it there, I think the fashionable thing to do is to suggest cutting staff from the civil service which in all probability cost more money than it would generate through redundancies, pensions and social welfare payments to the people let go.

the trick would be to work a lot smarter, no more reports costing thousands, effective management of overtime, reformation of the social welfare and health systems alone. getting rid of parachute payments to TD’s and getting rid of PR and spin doctors all just for starters

a bit worried myself with my probation finishing in 3 weeks time and because we have the 3% cut and now whatever they go for in the budget

[quote=“artfoley”]just had a look at it there, I think the fashionable thing to do is to suggest cutting staff from the civil service which in all probability cost more money than it would generate through redundancies, pensions and social welfare payments to the people let go.

the trick would be to work a lot smarter, no more reports costing thousands, effective management of overtime, reformation of the social welfare and health systems alone. getting rid of parachute payments to TD’s and getting rid of PR and spin doctors all just for starters

a bit worried myself with my probation finishing in 3 weeks time and because we have the 3% cut and now whatever they go for in the budget[/quote]

yeah, nervous week ahead for us public servants to say the least

strike !!!

memo to self: join CPSU

[quote=“artfoley”]strike !!!

memo to self: join CPSU[/quote]

union membership quadrupled this week in our place:D

we shall overcome

[quote=“north county corncrake”]union membership quadrupled this week in our place:D

we shall overcome[/quote]

we shall indeed, mind you having read Aontas they all look like a shower of cunts

Fuckin civil servants and there i was thinking ye were joining the sinking ship that is commercial Ireland. Your jobs are safe I’d say unlike mine which is well an truely fooked!

i appreciate your sympathetic words :rolleyes:but there will more than likely be job cuts in our place

Do you reckon your in danger?

Can most of you lot not just go planting spuds or something?

1 Like

Do you have a job flano?

hours been knocked back substantially. Could be worse I suppose, but not fecking great either. dont know what it’ll be like in a couple of months if things dont pick up.