Is Your Job Recession Proof?

There you have it@Copper_pipe, go travelling or end up living a life through TFK and sponging shite out of a dogs arse in your spare time.

12 Likes

How is your Ukranian pen pal these days?

4 Likes

:smile:

That’s an offfty

I have a few Ukrainian friends.

Didn’t know that mate, a lad that travelled on and off with us 12 years ago made a packet doing it and was able to extend his trip by a few months on the strength of it, in saying that he was from a rural background and had a bit of experience so he was driving machinery a lot on the farm. I assume @Copper_pipe has been driving farm machinery since he was in primary school.

Negative

You seem to be merging a load of stuff into one there. Fruit picking on farms can get you an additional year to your visa. The reason it’s done is to give an incentive to people to do a shit job that pays fuck all. Agriculture contracting can pay well but is hugely different to the fruit picking or menial work on farms. I know you probably think all farming is the same so it’s understandable you would get confused once your friends left the city to go work in the bush.

1 Like

Apologies for offending your sensibilities, I never mentioned fruit picking, I really don’t ask too much questions about that kind of thing, as @Copper_pipe is a country boy I just felt he might be interested in looking it up. It seemed to be a nice money spinner for one lad one time is all.

You & your assumptions

No offense taken pal, we’re all here to educate each other!

But alot of lads got lucky over the years and replaced the fruit oicking with a well paid farm job that was far less taxing and still got the 1 year visa extension.

If only everyone took that attitide what a site it would be

Getting lucky is the thing tho. Farming out there can be a horrible job for a backpacker.

Ya but the clever lads suss it out. Very often they have contacts going out too. Aussie farmers love the irish farmers. They just live work

Yeah, that’s similar to the contracting work where it’s serious farmers doing serious work. The vast majority casual lads going out for a few quid are at nothing. Other than the visa extension.

Ya absolutely.

Although i have heard of non farmers completely chancing their arms and pulling it off. Driving tillage machinery and huge combines within a few weeks. Crazy cunts

:rollseyes:

Do it copper…But maybe not Dubai.

Spent 2.5 days fruit picking in Oz. We were being paid by the row. I lost money on that venture