Is Your Job Recession Proof?

[quote=“The Runt”]367 jobs gone at Waterford Wedgewood today. It’s crazy the amount of jobs being lost.

Edit: Actually turns out the jobs are to be lost at their English operation.[/quote]

A real Bad news/Good news kind of post!

apparently since the shit hit the fan 500 solicitors have signed on to the dole, place wjhere we get stuff sworn has let 2 solicitors go, fairly well known place too

As some of you are aware I work in the financial services sector, primarily in banking. Would have thought a few months ago that I was pretty safe but not sure what the summer will bring at this stage. Not too bothered though - no wife, no kids, no mortgage, if I have to spend some time on the dole it’s no big deal.

Same boat, in a way it’s no big deal, but the “no life” part scares me.

Uh oh. Thought my place was recession proof but the managers just came in to tell everyone that we’ll be having a meeting at 12:30 in the front room as he wants to discuss a few things.

We never have meetings.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Uh oh. Thought my place was recession proof but the managers just came in to tell everyone that we’ll be having a meeting at 12:30 in the front room as he wants to discuss a few things.

We never have meetings.[/quote]

Hopefully it’s a raise Pikeman

Good luck with that Pikeman

No drama anyway. Just told us all that there’ll be no layoffs. It was more a meeting about cost cutbacks in this recessionary time-phone, overtime, tfk usage, etc. Asked us to come up with ideas on better use of our resources and if we could get a few more clients on board with us. None of us are sales reps so that was a strange one.
Funniest part was when he talked about cutting costs in the company describing it as “leaving the car at home and cycling more!”

What line of business are you in?

He’s a pimp

Answer to Mac-Yes, I am Mac’s pimp.
Touch muddafucka

Answer to Sledge-Graphic Design

Was in the butchers there over the weekend and got chatting to the sound lad who works there. Said he’s never seen it busier. Between people now wanting ham like there’s no tomorrow and less people eating out and cooking at home now instead that they might have to look at taking on a few more lads. They’re considering opening late every day and a full day on Sundays now due to the demand. Fairly mad.

I would well believe it mac, especially as the supermarkets know how to charge for their meat as well…

Too right, and the meat from a good butchers will always be far nicer.

You ever been out to Garreths in Raheen Puke? Now that’s a butchers.

[quote=“The Runt”]Too right, and the meat from a good butchers will always be far nicer.

You ever been out to Garreths in Raheen Puke? Now that’s a butchers.[/quote]
No wrong side of town for me Runty…

It’s worth travelling for. Does a serious trade. Would have strange meats as well like Kangaroo, Ostrich etc. It’s the only thing I miss from my spell living in Raheen.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Uh oh. Thought my place was recession proof but the managers just came in to tell everyone that we’ll be having a meeting at 12:30 in the front room as he wants to discuss a few things.

We never have meetings.[/quote]

Do you work for your da?

It’s a Georgian cottage converted into a company place of work. Only for the fact it has the company plaque on the wall you wouldn’t know it was a workplace at all.

[quote=“The Runt”]Too right, and the meat from a good butchers will always be far nicer.

You ever been out to Garreths in Raheen Puke? Now that’s a butchers.[/quote]

Bogger.