Is Your Job Recession Proof?

I suppose I dont have that problem alright, but she’d prefer stay here tho.

and fuk Dublin! couldnt go back living there again!

How are everybodies jobs looking now lads?..I see it turns out Willie O Dea was only spoofing when he said on the news Thursday night that there were 750 new jobs on the way to limerick

My job is secure thank god, mainly because Iv a good employer, he called me in the other day and said not to worry he’l always have work for me cos iv been very loyal in the past. awhh!!

dodgy - 1/3 staff reduction by the end of Feb or march at the latest

a lot of people looking nervously over their shoulder in our place for the bord snip nua recommendations, but that is mostly in another section of my dept. My dept has constitutional commitments regarding turnarounds and staffing levels so not too worried, but there is still a bit of angst …

I voted ‘Probably, I should be okay’ back in September. I reckon that still stands but things could change for the worse pretty quickly all the same.

I would’ve thought babysitting would be taking a bit of a hit now with a lot of people not being able to afford to go out as often?

Me too.

I should be more secure than Bandage but Id say all bets are off at this stage.

Should be recession proof all right but would say I’m in line for a pay decrease and working conditions will probably continue to deteriorate too.

No the pole dancing trade isnt affected at all Jugs.:smiley: Thanks for your concern though. Hows the bin man trade for yourself going?

I thought you were a student Tiger?..Good if I didn’t know any better I would say that you are a spoofer and a bad one at that :smiley:

It’s a dirty business but i’m still tipping away at it.

Think I am OK for the moment, but likely to face a 0% increase and carp bonus this year :frowning:

you get your bonus in fish? never heard that one before

carp = crap

force of habit due to censoring of e-mails :rolleyes:

Same as you Sledge, it’s pretty much a given that there’ll be no wage increases and any bonuses would be token in nature. The general climate allows them to push things like this through - we should just be grateful to have a job to begin with apparently.

I work for a massive US multinational software company and I should be ok. My job is very client/account management oriented so it is not something you can really ship off to Poland or India (or back to the US). Saying that there are small rumours of downsizing but I am hoping I will be ok as I am here longer than most.

367 jobs gone at Waterford Wedgewood today. It’s crazy the amount of jobs being lost.

Edit: Actually turns out the jobs are to be lost at their English operation.

Careful now, or I’ll take this to the annoying office jargon thread

Met a guy who works in the dole office last weekend. Recession my arse he said, shur isnt he worked off his feet.

Hard to argue with him, think his job is recession proof.