"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/relieved-ni-holidaymakers-tell-of-lucky-escapes-36047187.html “I didn’t live through 45 years of the Troubles to get killed by terrorists in Spain.” He wasn’t even staying in Barcelona :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Mr and Mrs Crockard only started going on foreign holidays three years ago and are now divided on whether or not they will continue travelling abroad. :grinning:

"We were going to go on Thursday "

Ffs

that job is oxo

I could have died in those storms, floods and hurricanes in Houston. I spent the weekend there in April 2009 for WrestleMania XXV.

Event: The death of actor Robbie Doolin

Date: August 20th/21st, 2000

Any other details: I attended the All-Ireland football semi-final between Kerry and Armagh on the afternoon of Sunday August 20th, 2000. I was drinking after the game and that night walked down Phibsboro Road and Church Street as far as Usher’s Quay in an attempt to catch the last bus home. I missed this bus and decided to walk home. I walked down the South Quays and passed Noel Leonard’s pub at approximately 11:50pm.

Unbeknownst to me, at that very time, actor and star of “Upwardly Mobile” Robbie Doolin was inside Noel Leonard’s drinking with his fellow actor from the show, Joe Savino.

Had I passed Noel Leonard’s 25 minutes later as Doolin left the pub, or had Doolin left the pub 25 minutes earlier than he did, and had I got talking to him, been offered some cocaine by him and accepted, or got in a fight with him, or gone drinking with him and been sat on by some fat cunt, I could have died that night, either instead of, or along with Doolin. That didn’t happen, and instead I arrived home at about 1:15am to find out via Ceefax that Tiger Woods had won the US PGA in a play-off with Bob May. Then I went to bed.

But it could have been me.

It seems that the PP in Portmarnock was robbed (possibly by a disgruntled local punter) yesterday. It could have been me. Thankfully I’m 300k away with an alibi in West Cork.

You have a good alibi this time. You are learning.

Says the man who left Limerick for Louth a couple of weeks before Dolores died mysteriously…

Wrong Limerick poster

1 Like

Here comes the selfish giant…

:popcorn:

I was in Genoa last week.

2 Likes

I was in Italy last week.
Mac is in Italy now.
Bandage has been to italy on multiple occasions.
The whole forum could have been wiped out.

And now this happens? @Gangland_O_Dowd

I worked in Genoa in 2003. Went over that bridge. It could have been me.
I was in Christchurch a week and same time exactly before earthquake.
It could have been me.
I was in London, Paris and Brussels. It could have been me.

Are you looking for the thread “ It should have been me “?

13 Likes

or alternatively the “pity it wasn’t me” thread

insert triggered snowflake reply here

I was half thinking of going to the U2 concert in Berlin last night but I didn’t. If I had gone I might have been disappointed when Bono lost his voice.

1 Like