"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

Could have died in any of the incidents.

I was in Limerick recently, in a place called Hospital! And Iā€™m a bit of a cunt that fellas might take a shot at. It could have been meā€¦

Shot himself, apparently.

Had I stayed in Limerick for much longer I may well have become suicidal. Weā€™ll never know.

1 Like

Iā€™ve managed it for the guts of 40-odd years. Despair, yes - suicidal, no.

Resolute fuckers, we are.

1 Like

Raheen Church is not in the grounds of the Regional Hospital (I hate that UHL name).

Itā€™s the church in the hospital grounds that theyā€™re referring to.

Thatā€™s where it happened anyway.

Ah yes, the one that elderly local use for a 20 minute mass on Sunday.

Anybody on a train in Germany recently

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-was-so-grateful-that-we-missed-that-first-train-irish-dj-minutes-away-from-station-where-axewielding-man-went-on-rampage-35521948.html

I spent a a but if time in Dusseldorf. I guess I m just lucky it was 27 years ago

Which one of the Auf Wiedersehen Pet lads are you, pal?

1 Like

He was in Kraftwerk.

Second dummy from the left

I walked down Drottninggatan in Stockholm on a Friday afternoon in the spring of 2013.

Today, on a Friday afternoon in the spring of 2017, at least three people were killed in an apparent terrorist attack on Drottninggatan.

It could have been me.

Several weeks ago I arrived for my United flight in a Mid-West US airport and to my dismay was told there was no place for me on the plane. Despite requests for volunteers there were none forthcoming and I had to watch as the gate closed and the plane left without me. However, instead of getting violently removed from the airport by US police instead United gave me a cheque for $1,300 as I had been involuntarily ā€œbumpedā€ and put me on a plane that left 4 hours later.

It could have been me etc. etc.

(I was actually quite happy with the cold hard cash I acquired)

2 Likes

http://www.midlands103.com/midlandstoday/mullingar-man-lived-across-the-road-from-the-manchester-attacker/

3 Likes

The cunt has a ridiculous name . Everything else pales .

Jaysus lads I was in that area of London last Saturday night having a few beers.Thankfully Iā€™m back in Ireland now.IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry guys Iā€™m in ireland for the game.