"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

Close call.

1 Like

I used to work in Ardkeen Stores.

1 Like

There used to be an alright sort in there as manager. An Offaly man. I think Val was his name. Genuine hurling man too. There was also a fine bird called Christine (I think she was the accountant) but shed cut you open with a look if you got on her wrong side

I’d say that was well after my time.

1 Like

Loosely translated - I tried some saucy banter with her once and she told me to fuck off ???

9 Likes

I was once in the Locker Room of Whistling Straits

2 Likes

I was there for the Ryder Cup (event trial run day) two years ago

Pulled in on the way to green bay and they were running a full day with merchandise tents, flags lining the driveway etc etc

Theres two courses there, next to whistling straits as you know is the Irish course, hence the tricolour. Pete Dye wanted to design a course that if you arrived in a helicopter you’d think you were in Ireland.

1 Like

Did you play it?

1 Like

There’s a town called Askeaton not far from Whistling Straits

No. I’m not a golfer. My travel companion (on that trip) is a big golfer and wanted to drop in as we were in Kohler.

There’s a few paddy areas in what’s a big German/Belgian area of the states. Erin Hills golf course is the other side of Milwaukee, it hosted the US open a few years back and their logo is a big shamrock. I passed that purely by accident so went in for a quick look, big sign post outside the clubhouse saying Dublin cork nogra etc is X miles that way

4 Likes

Milwaukee was some spot. Ended up in a dive bar chatting shit to locals. I ended up behind the bar playing tunes on Spotify.

The cops had the horses tied up like in the old west

1 Like

I really liked it, will definitely go back soon. Madison is a great city too not sure if you went there, the perfect college town. Wisconsin has the friendliest people I’ve met in the states. Good food and beer. Would love to go back to a bucks and brewers game combo.

1 Like

No we didn’t make it to Madison.

Next time

1 Like

Milwaukee is a lovely town , had a great stay there, they love their beer.

1 Like

That is not a dive bar

Says the man supporting Connollys in Manor. :wink:

1 Like

That is correct.

Taksim is where im at.

3 Likes