IT Professionals, Guilty

If you don’t pay they’ll hammer them again in a few weeks. The vulnerabilities won’t disappear in a few weeks

If you pay will they or another crowd come back again anyway

Phone numbers and addresses that Breda has mangled into The System, no big deal.

If they find a few PPSN numbers though…

1 Like

That would be bad for bidnez. Other crowds won’t pay initially then because they know its blackmail.

1 Like

Is the cost of the ransom less than the cost of being down in monetary and real terms. I’d say it is.

There’s professional ransomware negotiators now that know all these gangs and how much a discount you’ll get off the initial price. In the scheme of things €20m is only one day of covid tests.

4 Likes

These cunts need killing though. That should be paramount. A message needs to be sent.

For a national health service… absolutely.

My wan says this is serious shit. With all the hold ups over covid it’s even more so. This is terrorisim. Cunts need to die slow and ugly over this. A marker needs to be laid down.

Pay them in bonfire

2 Likes

They’ll be a 10% tax on that.

But I’ll gain coins from it :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Will the HSE be liable for a GDPR breach?

In covid times? Yeah, right!

Proportionality a big thing.
If it was a case of a zero day or a reasonably sophisticated attack then GDPR fines would be limited.

1 Like

What’s the absolute worst thing that could happen here? What could the hacker lads do with the data? Delete medical histories and the likes or could they actually get proper malicious?

Deleting medical records would be proper malicious. What they’ve already done is proper malicious

1 Like

Gay passed away this evening kid. Fyi

It’s not a case of the hackers actually removing the data. They’ve taken a copy of a portion of the data for themselves to use as leverage, and encrypted the original versions on the local network.

Any critical things like patient records would be backed up regularly and I’m assuming at least a semi regular copy of those would be stored safely offline.

At this stage the HSE would have control of the network, the hackers want get paid, so no data will be destroyed.

Sorry to hear that. Fuck

They only have control because they turned everything off. You’d imagine they found the compromised servers and credentials etc but the lads would have 100% left back doors around the directories. No possible way to audit all the accounts.