IT Professionals, Guilty

Mick Martin just sent them a text there… You can forget about your take away millions.

Very professional in fairness

Yerrah I’m pretty sure proof that I’ve no foreskin is already on the Internet somehow

Is that a hacked FT sub copper?

No I have a google chrome extension on my laptop that will bypass the paywall on the FT, The Times, Irish Times and many more.

2 Likes

And this extension can be obtained how?

PwC holding a cyber threat webinar at 10. I wonder will their advice include telling Bridie not to click on the YouTube cats link.

Or the lidl special voucher. Only 1000 to giveaway

What extension is that?

Possibly a myth but I’ve actually read of a company doing that. The backups were fucked, so they let the ransomware operators publish the data online and they copied it back down.

1 Like

“Is this your car/bike that was damaged in car park?” Photo attached.

Hooks in most lads

HSE staff have been told it could/will be 6 weeks before their systems are back up and running

Have they put out a call for volunteers/help in getting things up and running? I’d imagine it would be very difficult to co-ordinate but at the same time you’d have a lot of experienced people who would be willing to help a hospital get back online.

They’ll probably pay someone €40m to get it back up and running

Have you your leaving cert results to hand?

1 Like

It cost Maersk around $300m
Although there’s was a bit different in that it wasn’t a standard ransomware attack. The attackers in that incident had no intention of recovering the data.

And they got lucky

There is going to be a lot of Nuala’s crying that their holiday and baby photos they had saved to their My Documents folder are going to be wiped.

3 Likes

just pay the fucking ransom. It’ll cost 10 times more otherwise, and have a health impact

1 Like

We don’t negotiate with terrorists***

***Apart from SF IRA.