IT Professionals, Guilty

11 quid a month cheapest, 36 highest priced plan

1 Like

Thanks, found some on GoDaddy as well.

https://www.godaddy.com/en-ie

Anyone here using Starlink? Would be interested in getting it as NBP will be 4 or 5 years away and I’m stuck on 5-8 Mbps.

I see the gen2 dish comes with a USB C connection as opposed to the Ethernet PoE port which is some balls of a move.

I had a look there because I never heard of it.

Nothing on the website about speeds that I could see.
Up, down or latency which may be important to you…

It’s around 200 down and 50 up around Ireland. No latency issues as it’s very low level satellite.

I suppose it’s no where near Ethernet speeds, so doesn’t need it.

One wire whole company goes down. Seems like a safe setup

Aer Lingus says mass flight cancellation caused by broken fibre optic cable in UK

The answer seems very vague. Any of the big data centre providers offer redundancy fail over to a different data centre in the event of exactly such an incident.

The statement is vague as to whether the issue with the backup solution was due to an issue with AL or the ISP.

Hi guys. I bought a wireless keyboard some time ago and used it day to day in work. Unfortunately the IT folks in my place of work replaced my docking station and took the usb receiver with them. Are they unique to each keyboard or can I get a generic replacement and pair them? Thanks

Generally they are unique Brian, due to the fact you dont want multiple keyboards all trying to connect to the same receiver.

I remember an office move many years ago where some lad threw all the wireless keyboards and mice from the desks into the same box.

There was much hilarity on the Monday morning as 30 people were controlling different computers

5 Likes

That’s upsetting. I assumed as much. Oh well.

Mine are called Logitech Unifying mouse and keyboard. They both come with separate USB receivers but are capable of using one unified receiver. The spare one is still idle stuck inside the mouse battery compartment.

Could you be so lucky?

Rajesh partied too hard during Diwali, let the CI/CD pipeline updates get behind and now we have a shit load of code backed up for a release next week.

Have a nice weekend Rajesh.

6 Likes

@Ambrose_McNulty what’s the difference between unauth-period & reauth-period in the CLI for a network switch

it’s the reauthentication period for MAC clients that are authenticated on the switch. So every 3600 seconds by default a client will have to reauthenticate, you can change that with the reauth-period setting. You’re setting that timer

unauth is a delay in seconds for placing a port on the unauthorized vlan. so if a port doesn’t authenticate it is put to unauthorized. Default 0 seconds. so you’re setting that timer too

3 Likes

Makes sense.
The config on this switch had a mix of both set on different ports.
Some devices, connected on ports with MAC based auth enabled, are re-authenticating with the NAC system every few minutes so I’ll just need to use re-auth to push that back out to the default.

1 Like

Is the NAC clearpass?

It is not.

Good for you.

1 Like

I see ye are all about to be replaced by chatGPT