IT Professionals, Guilty

Only one skip away from a burger van.

Tesco can supply the meat?

The meat is already there

Frrsh never frozen. Does Pat mac have a trade mark on that sayimg or will i be in the high court?

You can always get your money back by falling over in one of his restaurants.

No, he was the lad who thought he’d double his internet speed if he plugged another lead into his modem

I’ll let that slide. But you’re on my list of people I’ll never help with technical issues again.

I keep my list on hard copy incase they pull the plug on the data centres.

2 Likes

Bitlocker recovery/reset the pc

Anyone have experience?

A dell laptop <12 mths old, not networked, all files held out on a Google drive and OneDrive (personal projects /work file)

Are you getting prompted to enter your bitlocker recovery key?

That has most likely been caused by a bug in the latest update.

Do you log into the laptop with a Microsoft account? If so your Bitlocker recovery key should be backup up to that account online.

You mention OneDrive. Log into that account online via another laptop or phone. Go into your profile > devices

Done. Think I should go to the pub.

It wa a lot harder than it needs to be, perhaps because I had no previous exerience of it.

On a positive note I did get to test that the google storage and OneDrive storage I had purchased is working.

It’s supposed to be hard.
Bitlocker is an encryption application that protects your hard drive.

1 Like

This is on top of Microsoft pushing that update which triggered Bitlocker.

Also CarbonBlack, VMWare’s AV software, pushed a bad update yesterday which caused machines & servers running certain versions to BlueScreen.

You would have thought these companies would have very rigorous testing.

they don’t. Which is why consultants like me make money.

this is music to my ears

3 Likes

The Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline works well on paper but not in practice sometimes.

Most of these companies have automated testing and have completely removed the human QA gatekeeper. Some are starting to reintroduce the role.

The CarbonBlack one yesterday sounded horrible. Servers just keeling over as soon as the update was pushed to them. If an org is using that product, they most likely have it on every sever, so you can imagine the carnage.

1 Like

MS gave me a very bad fright on Monday. I am not over it yet

Happened the missus laptop as well a few days ago. I must send her company a bill for the IT support actually

1 Like

I must send one to @ciarancareyshurlingarmy

Send it to my work address.

It’s hard to get info on costs from these sites.

Approximately how much to host a site for a year, with or without a shop?