IT Professionals, Guilty

Have you tried manually printing it in letter format to see if it looks the same as print with dead space?

Had a similar issue when printing a .txt file from a particular desktop to a networked printer.

.txt file would print fine from any other desktop.

Found out that no printer was actually setup on that PC. No printer was visible if you went to printer normally on that PC.

So installed the driver/print queue and worked away grand after that

Yes. Similar issue - other output print find automatically.

When I print the one in error manually I have the option to fit to printable area - but my man in India maintains this isn’t available on the printer / only scaling from 0 to 200%

We’re still printing?

1 Like

You can’t ship shit without pack lists and shipping labels my good man

1 Like

Don’t help the cunt. The way these code monkeys speak down to infrastructure people is not on. He’s after downloading a haype of junk code from GitHub and he’s not able to make head nor tail of it.

1 Like

@Big_Dan_Campbell is in charge of sticking the labels on in the Amazon centre

1 Like

I only deal in ABAP, not the rinky dink stuff

Ahem, please differentiate between the monkeys and the monkey masters.

All the wan.

Any of ye really intelligent lads here like @TreatyStones know how to get additional Microsoft Onedrive storage?

I don’t understand why the Outlook attachments are eating into my 5GB storage when I have loads of room in my 15GB email storage indicated beneath.

Any ideas?

There’s a folder in OneDrive called Attachments.
Attachments that you open in Outlook are saved in there by default. You can delete them from that folder without it deleting them from Outlook.

Actually scratch that. A quick Google shows that Microsoft are now counting your outlook attachments towards you storage allowance since 1st of Feb

So is there any way to get more free storage?
That OneDrive stuff is all OneNote files. Photos mostly.

The lowest paid one gives you 1TB.

Could be a short term option as you clear out your existing storage.

I don’t have the money to waste on stuff like that unfortunately. And I’d hate the thought of contributing to those data centres.

But I have to admit it’s a good system the way I can access the data both on my phone and PC. It updates relatively well and fast.

I was hoping @TreatyStones would click a few buttons in cyber space and release me a few gig. Or at least tell me how to get rid of the outlook stuff.

I mean, if I didn’t have a OneDrive where would they put my email attachments? It’s a bit sneaky out of them really.

Download an application called TreeSize Free.
Then run that against your OneDrive. It should show you the biggest files etc and you might be able to find a few big ones you can delete.

You can’t have your cake and eat it pal. Storage has got cheaper but it still costs money.

I’ve a 1TB Seagate external drive for all personal docs, neighbours land deeds, wills, family photos/videos etc but there is a google back up for all this that’s costing 20 euro per year. Overkill possibly and Google has all my data but it is what it is.

3 Likes

Yip for all my ranting about Google I still have the €2 per month additional storage.

1 Like

It’s too handy sure.