It's grim up North

The Kingsmill massacre was justified by those who carried it out as an effort to stop the sectarian killing wasn’t it? The fact that a few years back a pensioner was arrested for removing a banner commemorating Somerville probably gives a good indication that getting rid of a few leaders was unlikely to put an end to it anyway.
Jacksons niece grew up near here, she used to hate anyone calling her Jackal. But everyone here certainly knew who he was, what he was at and who was protecting him so I expect the provos did as well. She was a nice girl but the family had far more wealth than your average house. He is buried a few 100 yards from where the Miami Showband massacre happened - I’m not sure I fully buy the idea pushed that he had great regret about his actions on his deathbed.

1 Like

He’s no regrets end of
Devil incarnate

Big things starting to happen in Belfast. Good things. They are starting to see the influx of big MNC we saw 20 years ago.

Microsoft, Siemens, Amazon, Cisco, Aviva all expanding operations there

4 Likes
3 Likes

@glenshane ahead of the curve as usual

1 Like

BBC? Shure that’s corrupt British state propaganda, isn’t it?

1 Like

I presume that was someone pulling the piss? The chicken sounded fake

I’d say it was genuine- he’d a colourful array of callers. Theres a hape of them on youtube …gerry anderson radio ulster

1 Like

Latest Census is out. Catholics out number Protestants for the first time in over 100 year.

The Brit: Irish gap has closed significantly.
In 2011 it was 40:25
Its now 31.8: 29.1

1 Like

Would have to assume that most of the 8% British and northern Irish would not vote for Irish unity.

Indeep but the gap is narrowing. Another 10 years should push it over the edge

1 Like

So “Brits” now see themselves as Northern Irish, entrenching NI as an entity. Only going to get stronger. Poor result for a UI.

An independent NI within the EU would be a decent stepping stone. There is no need to rush it and fuck it all up with another civil war

Depends… A retreat from British to accepting irish, albeit northern Irish, makes it easier to unify down the road. If they are now accepting the Irish part of their identity then all bets are off… But, your point is correct if nationalists are moving from irish to NI.

For the first time in its history would be a more accurate way of putting it.

97% White, oooft! Where’s the diversity?

Edit: 91% white in the Rep of Ireland

Not really. The Protocol gives a unique position to NI that will help them economically.

This will entrench the concept of “Northern Ireland”, much like power sharing did.

The only hope for a UI at his point is if Scotland breaks away.

You’ve a very short term outlook. A break with Britain would only lead to one thing eventually.