It's grim up North

Would have to assume that most of the 8% British and northern Irish would not vote for Irish unity.

Indeep but the gap is narrowing. Another 10 years should push it over the edge

1 Like

So “Brits” now see themselves as Northern Irish, entrenching NI as an entity. Only going to get stronger. Poor result for a UI.

An independent NI within the EU would be a decent stepping stone. There is no need to rush it and fuck it all up with another civil war

Depends… A retreat from British to accepting irish, albeit northern Irish, makes it easier to unify down the road. If they are now accepting the Irish part of their identity then all bets are off… But, your point is correct if nationalists are moving from irish to NI.

For the first time in its history would be a more accurate way of putting it.

97% White, oooft! Where’s the diversity?

Edit: 91% white in the Rep of Ireland

Not really. The Protocol gives a unique position to NI that will help them economically.

This will entrench the concept of “Northern Ireland”, much like power sharing did.

The only hope for a UI at his point is if Scotland breaks away.

You’ve a very short term outlook. A break with Britain would only lead to one thing eventually.

And you have a very limited outlook on economic realities.

There are a number of small countries and city states in Europe that have a niche and don’t need to be subsumed into larger countries.

The hope from the 1920s that a 6 county entity would be too small to operate as a standalone entity is out of date thinking.

The uniqueness of NI’s position will make them mad to push for a UI and that’ll be a part and parcel of any campaign, like the NHS and Ppund was in Scotland.

You’d want to be at 40% “Irish” now to have any hope as it’s an emotional pull. Brexit was not nationalists fault but the decision to vote for people whose primary interest was justifying their conflict for 25 years is.

You need to chill. It will happen… Just be patient pal.

As I’ve said to you many times, you’ll be on your death bed wondering why it didn’t.

I’ll be ok with it. My issue, somewhere down the road, will see it. Their revenge will be my laughter.

2 Likes

They’ll be too busy dealing with climate change and wondering why their old man brought them to live in Spain.

The Costa brigade will lead the charge…

The west brits are seething

2 Likes

Gerry Anderson was absolutely tip top
Ran a daily chat show on Radio foyle
Feckin brilliant
9-12 from memory
Kept us amused for yearst

Farmers might- -all Ireland suits them

I listened and loved him while working in houses in Derry
Radio Foyle and Gerry blaring

4 Likes