It's grim up North

1 Like

Mountains have been moved since tgat was filmed
Just a few more peaks to go

It was all the ra ra…

1 Like

I am reading Anme Cadwalladers book on the Glennane Gang at the minute.

There is an opinion from Republicans that the IRA protected Catholic and Nationalist communities during the Troubles. Maybe this was the case in Derry and Belfast but in rural Ulster they hardly did much to stem the tide of sectarian killings of Catholics in East Tyrone and rural areas around Portadown. I mean, the identities of Robin Jackson, the Somervilles and in later years Billy Wright were surely well known amongst the Provos. Why were they never taken out?

The victim was a Protestant woman in a relationship with a Catholic man.

But, hey, I’m sure the perpetrators had “legitimate concerns” or something.

1 Like

Nothing new there unfortunately

The Kingsmill massacre was justified by those who carried it out as an effort to stop the sectarian killing wasn’t it? The fact that a few years back a pensioner was arrested for removing a banner commemorating Somerville probably gives a good indication that getting rid of a few leaders was unlikely to put an end to it anyway.
Jacksons niece grew up near here, she used to hate anyone calling her Jackal. But everyone here certainly knew who he was, what he was at and who was protecting him so I expect the provos did as well. She was a nice girl but the family had far more wealth than your average house. He is buried a few 100 yards from where the Miami Showband massacre happened - I’m not sure I fully buy the idea pushed that he had great regret about his actions on his deathbed.

1 Like

He’s no regrets end of
Devil incarnate

Big things starting to happen in Belfast. Good things. They are starting to see the influx of big MNC we saw 20 years ago.

Microsoft, Siemens, Amazon, Cisco, Aviva all expanding operations there

4 Likes
3 Likes

@glenshane ahead of the curve as usual

1 Like

BBC? Shure that’s corrupt British state propaganda, isn’t it?

1 Like

I presume that was someone pulling the piss? The chicken sounded fake

I’d say it was genuine- he’d a colourful array of callers. Theres a hape of them on youtube …gerry anderson radio ulster

1 Like

Latest Census is out. Catholics out number Protestants for the first time in over 100 year.

The Brit: Irish gap has closed significantly.
In 2011 it was 40:25
Its now 31.8: 29.1

1 Like