The north/really good looking fellas

Id have to see it to believe it
https://twitter.com/SeanBra33633981/status/1782492280823140825?t=Ck4d0hUeC3IWX11sIzCYLw&s=19

1 Like

He’s a fuckin misrepresentation of a politician

As was Kevin Lynch

He knows fuck all about fuck all

That was a brilliantly made programme.

Jarlath is going to be some Uachtarán.

4 Likes

Made by the same lot who done the excellent documentary on the Loughinisland killings, who were then put under surveillance by the PSNI.

3 Likes

Shur why would the psni care about collusion, they weren’t even around during the troubles?

No Stone Unturned was another good film alright.

I’ve a friend from there who worked in the Filling Station just outside the village during his College days and he said he often served the chief suspect Ronnie Hawthorn which i thought was a bit mad. You’d think he’d wanna keep the head down…

That Clough place where he’s from is meant to like entering the apocalypse?

2 Likes

https://x.com/ruthde/status/1783552161445552603?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

Congrats to Ruth

Private Eye

10 Likes

He is in comparison to that FG cunt especially

I watched this last night, a powerful doco. I remember this very well, but lost touch with it. What the British government is doing now, while not surprising, is shocking.
The dignity that family carry themselves with in the face of all they’ve endured is remarkable.

4 Likes

3 Likes

5/5/1981

1 Like

Same fuckers ,same organisation,same government backing

1 Like

Someone spray painted Bobby Sands RIP on our side wall of our back garden that faced onto the footpath the morning it happened, one of your fellow professionals who was a neighbour was able to remove it, as a nearly 7 year old at the time I hadn’t a scooby what was going on but as I got older I realised the effect it had on people at that time.

1 Like

The free Nicky Kelly on the wall around Roxboro facing the main road lasted decades

3 Likes

It had and has deep feelings amongst many still thank God
My youngest is called after him,and Francis Hughes and another patriot

The day being in it,not forgetting one of our Cork hunger strikers

2 Likes

Reading Northern Protestants: An Unsettled People by Susan McKay at the moment (plan to read the most recent edition after). For the most part - they really are a bleak depressing breed of people - have an absolute paranoia towards the catholic population. A very good read - McKay is an excellent journalist.

5 Likes