The north/really good looking fellas

There were nearly as many good Protestant Landlords as there were horrible bastards, we just don’t hear about them.

1 Like

1 Like

Gregory Campbell irked that the gospel singer of the year competition had an all black lineup.

Open it up ta fuck

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/psni-officer-suspended-amid-sean-19786951

Bit of housekeeping lads, I’ve moved my study on Great Protestant Irish Nationalists to it’s correct home, the Irish History Thread

Come on in, the water’s lovely!

1 Like

That font is a greater tragedy than anything else that’s taken place

3 Likes

The question then needs to be asked; How do you propose to change it?

We always maintained that the RUC were a bigoted, sectarian force and with a few honorable exceptions that’s what they were. To change that Catholics had to be encouraged to join. The problem was always going to be that the PSNI was just a different name for the RUC. The traditions & culture of the RUC continued, especially as many RUC men who took redundancy were re-employed in the PSNI. Any young Catholic\Nationalist joining would almost inevitably succumb to the “group culture” and be “groomed” to see the PSNI as his gang against all the other gangs.

So there needs to be a root and branch reformation of policing in the North. We can’t leave it to the UVF\UDA\Dissident republican enforcers. The PSNI needs to be disbanded over a period and a new force recruited (on a 50/50 basis with no former RUC\PSNI members involved) and trained (this would have to be done by outside, maybe GB\ROI\EU trainers, during that period. That period might be 10 years or even more given that it’s over 20 years since Patton produced his report on reformation of the RUC. There’d be overlaps and many difficulties, not least the objections of the PUL community to the perceived losing of another brick in their wall although given their vociferous objections to the PSNI who knows - those objections might not be so loud.

2 Likes

The objections would be just as loud. Those lads won’t willingly concede an inch.

1 Like

Yeah I know. Sometimes my optimism gets the better of me.

1 Like

GFA demands 50-50 this hasn’t happened

Dealing with siege mentality ppl here, so common sense won’t prevail

Not sure that’s true. Think it proposed a commission into policing and that’s where the Patton report came from which recommended 50/50 recruitment for a period of time. Not sure what Patton said about end goals

1 Like

End goal is a Hong Kong type settlement if any of the cunts have even a semblance of integrity between the whole lot of them on all sides they’ve made a shit show of the 6 counties since the treaty

1 Like

Hmmm look how that’s turning out! :smile:

1 Like

But at least it’s moving, we’ve stagnated since Collins sold us out

We what?

I’d take anything at this stage

I’ve often wondered how a 9 county Ulster with funding from both the Free State and GB as joint stewards would work out. It would be neither fully part of UK nor ROI. If they could sort out these problems with Brexit it could have the privileged position of tariff free trade with EU & Britain. Considering how the border counties are neglected with investment from Dublin and Derry regaining its true hinterland of Donegal, it would seem to be a win win.

Having said that I’m no economist and the usual caveat applies - if the PUL community think they’re losing anything there’ll be hell to pay. It would be a very good persuader to convince them. It might be better from their POV than a straight UI if the demographics\polls go the wrong way for them.

2 Likes