It's grim up North

Well then you’ll withdraw your objection to the word “however” - because as long as you hold that objection, it’s an entirely fair assessment that you do indeed favour carte blanche for the most absolutist of absolutist positions.

You were peddling lies long before that

Name them.

@Sidney?

This politics.ie business for a start. I didn’t think you had much further to sink but you managed it there

Kingsmill was absolutely retaliation, consideration the number of attacks on Catholics in south Armagh that preceded it, including six Catholics killed the night before. It was brutal but it put an end to the sectarian killings of Catholics in the area.

I would say Darkley was the closest to an actual pure sectarian killing, the retaliation aspect is a little less clear.

1 Like

Oh he can sink much further.

Lads on here seem to know or rather think they know what went on in the 6 counties- ye don’t ,also another observation that won’t go down well ref free state culture,down hear you can here ppl roaring" boys of the old brigade"- " broad black brimmer" and such in the pubs full of porter- you don’t hear this public house republicanism in the pubs in the 6 counties ( not referring to the fleadh in Belfast) plus ppl don’t discuss politics in pubs,we here might take a lesson from our Northern fellow Irishmen- hope I didn’t bust a few bubbles- food for thought.

Kingsmills, allegedly.

That ain’t a lie though, is it?

It’s amazing how the views of @glenshane and politics.ie’s glenshane4 just seem to neatly overlap.

Give us an example

Have a wee look at your absolutist of all absolutist positions above that I very skilfully illustrated.

You just don’t get the implications of your views.

Darkley was 100 pc sectarian -

Nothing then.

You’re still not getting it.

With all due respect, it came from the mouth of Sean O’Callaghan whose fantasies are well and truly established by now. There’s nothing really to suggest that O’Callaghan knew, in fact there is little to suggest that the army council had any real knowledge of the attack. Kingsmill was regrettable but in the context of matters, it did have its desired effect whatever you think of it on a moral level.

Go away you coward

That’s coming scarily close to a justification for sectarian murder.

At Kingsmills the lone Catholic in the minibus was pulled out and spared while the rest were slaughtered.

Even if Twomey was behind or ordered the Kingsmills massacre, there’s no evidence it was due to a desire to “exterminate all Protestants”. It was clearly to bring Protestant paramilitaries to their senses, and show them where this was headed. Savage as it was, it had the desired effect.

For a so called Irish Republican, you seem to have a very blinkered Anglophile view of Irish history. Jeremy Corbynist who I suppose is also an Irish Republican as he met with a few IRA members.

It isn’t, bad things happen in wars. Sometimes the lesser of two evils, etc.

1 Like