Ivermectin, Vitamin D, Invermectin & Molnupiravir

So a doctor who has studied and practiced medicine knows less than a gobshite who spends all his days sprouting gibberish on obscure Irish forums?

There are valid reasons to be vaccine hesitant, you’re just ignorant of them.

The doctors pushing this are doing so because either i) they’re stupid or ii) they’re corrupt grifters.

With the likes of Pierre Kory, it’s almost certainly the latter.

With the likes of Marcus De Brun, it’s almost certainly the former.

More ignorance. It’s a generic drug so any drug manufacturer can make it. It’s a very cheap drug already, would be much cheaper if it was mass produced.

Maybe you should steer clear of the discussions on science and medicine as your level of ignorance is appalling.

Doctors prescribing Ivermectin (and HCQ) do so to try and save lives. That’s their duty as a doctor. It’s quite common for doctors to try off label drug treatment in medical emergencies, in fact a lot of medicine is based on off label treatment.

Basically what you are saying is doctors should not try and save lives, it’s an odd position to take.

It’s been fascinating to see you go down the conspiracy rabbit hole yet again.

Genreric drugs are highly profitable. And if your conspiracy was true, and Ivermectin actually worked, it would have been repackaged, approved and been sold like hot cakes around the world.

The reality is, there is no evidence it works and it almost certainly doesn’t work. And the overwhelming majority of the world’s medical and scientific community agree.

You choose the word of a tiny band of attention seeking cranks over them.

I’d sooner take treatment from Harold Shipman than I would from some of the cranks pushing Ivermectin.

So Luke O’Neill doesn’t know what he is talking about but you do?

A fascinating insight into your abuse of logic.

Luke O’Neill does not advocate Ivermectin use.

No, but like myself he has a very balanced view on it. He says it shows promise, should be studied further and the latest trials should tell us more.

Why do you think Oxford University and the NIH are conducting trials? Is it because they are right wing conspirators?

I thought there was a conspiracy against it? :grinning:

Now it seems not.

I’ve never claimed there was a conspiracy against it. As always you end up arguing against points people are not making.

Look lads, I wish you’d stop arguing. There’s a tree in my garden. Every morning, if it isn’t raining, I sit beneath it and drink a cup of coffee. I haven’t contracted Covid.

If any of you want to join me beneath my tree for a cup of coffee between 10 and 11, depending on demand, any morning you’d be very welcome. £100 per cup of java, depending on demand.

4 Likes

Yes you have done. You could scarcely get a better example of conspiracy theorising than this.

Yes but that isn’t conspiracy, it’s fact. Being an ideologue you can’t tell the difference.

Pharma will only pursue drug development that has significant profit potential, unless it’s been funded by government. This is another example of an area where you have zero knowledge or expertise but speak as if you are an authority.

It’s conspiracy. It’s your opinion. Your conspiracist opinion.

An opinion based on knowledge and experience of the pharma industry. Any rational person would rank that over a lad who has zero knowledge and experience, but waffles as if he were an expert.

Stick to subjects you know something about, like obscure statistics on football games played a few decades ago.

In your previous post you talked about drug development. Ivermectin, as you stated earlier is an established drug. So drug development is not even relevant.

To believe in your conspiracy, one would have to dismiss the example of dexamethasone, a generic drug which quickly became a standard treatment for Covid.

It became a standard treatment because it was quickly shown to have beneficial effects for at least some patients.

By your conspiracist logic, this could never have happened because there was apparently no profit in it.

Ivermectin was being talked about in April 2020. And 16 months later, its cheerleaders have still produced nothing.

Bu of course because it is being pushed by the right-wing fruitcakes you take your worldview from, it’s legit. Just like hydroxychloroquine, which you also pushed, was, or more to the point, wasn’t.

Anybody with a tither of wit sees what drives what you believe in. Right wing culture wars. And nothing else.

You’re actually making my point, but you’re also too much of a clown to realize it. As always it’s purely a left vs right political issue with you, which leads you to make an ass of yourself consistently. I wouldn’t normally waste my time on a clown, but it’s important that your ignorance based opinions are countered.

The reason Dexamethasone is being used is because of research conducted by the University of Oxford. Once again pharma had no interest, as it is a generic as you correctly pointed out. If you knew anything about the drug industry, you would know that literally all large scale clinical trials are funded entirely by Pharma.

Why are the University of Oxford and the NIH conducting larger scale trials on Ivermectin? Surely this is a waste of time if it doesn’t work? Is it because they are both driving right wing culture wars?

1 Like

I keep referencing right wing culture wars because that is what drives what you believe.

And there’s no arguing with that. You’re zombie like in your beliefs.

As I said, 16 months people have been shiteing on about Ivermectin, just like about hydroxychloroquine, and still the square root of nothing, and just like hydroxychloroquine, armies of gullible idiots hospitalising themselves because of a belief in a cult.