January Transfer Window 2021

Thread

1 Like

Rodriguez will be a great signing for Everton. Theyā€™ve done some questionable business in recent seasons, but I think Carlo is starting to improve things there. Iā€™d like to see a decent Everton side in the league. It wasnā€™t much fun watching them being so shit for a while there. I predict theyā€™ll be in top 6 next season

1 Like

Everton have focused too much on players on their way down from bigger clubs. Need to focus more on players on their way up, like Richarlison

Ballsy move suggesting that perennial 6th place finishers Everton will finish in the top 6.

They havenā€™t been in top 6 (5th) since 13/14 mate

They need to get back on their perch.

Iā€™m kinda glad I didnt know that.

As Roy Keane said in his autobiography players who think theyā€™re doing you a favour by signing. Think he was talking about Chimbonda and Malbranque moving from Spurs to Sunderland.

Theyā€™d have to oust one of the current big 6.

Still cant see it happening but it would be some coup to get him ahead of a financial giant like Man Utd.

I think he comes in twelve months on a free.

Iā€™d say thatā€™s why Liverpool are hesitant. They hope they could have him for free next year.

Heā€™s out of contract in Jan

thiago could play at the highest level until he is 35. He hasnā€™t yet played 400 career club games, is 29, doesnā€™t depend on pace or an engine like other players. Heā€™ll do wreck in the premier league as well and allow Firminho to move closer to goal. Liverpool will dominate with him. Heā€™ll gel it all together. He is all they are really missing

If they could find VDD a solid partner and unearth a reliable back up forward I think theyā€™d be a serious team ā€¦ An angry city next year will take some stopping and Liverpool are an injury away from the wheels becoming a bit unstable.

Gomes was supposed to be the real deal I thought?

City are entirely dependent on Sergio Aguero and Laporte staying fit. Which is no guarantee. Both have injury troubles. If those two are out they canā€™t score at one end and canā€™t keep them out at the other.

Joe had a so so year ā€” Teams targeted him a lot and there were lots of mistakes made I felt. This year will be telling for him ā€¦ I suppose if Thiago lands youā€™ll have a bit more cover in front - heā€™s a very clever player and reads the game wellā€¦ I presume Him and Fab will be slotting in and out of becoming a third defender when the team is attackingā€¦ maybe more so Fabā€¦ The team are still heavily reliant on the top 3 for goals thoā€¦ need more from midfield

Malbranque was class for Sunderland, loved by the fans.

Chimbonda was shit. Keane signed a lot of shit though- Andy Cole, Ian Harte, Diouf, Anton Ferdinand, Paul McShane. But Malbranque was one of the good ones.

1 Like

Footix alert

Gomes is injury prone. As is Matip.