January Transfer Window 2021

Ferran Torres ?

Sky going with it now.

Sure they sold Sane for a huge fee recently.

Once he goes “Here we go”

It’s happening.

1 Like

Ah lovely ---- When LFC supporters cite the Coutinho transfer to fund Allison and VVD - you rubbish it - but when it’s City we can justify it …

check mate.

2 Likes

First time since the Arab money that City have sold a player of any significance to them.

Has to work both ways, pal. City’s net spend under Guardiola is not dissimilar to Liverpool’s under Klopp.

The only player of significance that Liverpool have sold under Klopp has been Coutinho.

i’m ok with it working both ways

The Suarez money was still in the coffers for Herr Klopp to spend.

Don’t forget Solanke mate

1 Like

The Sterling money as well. Not to mention the sales of Ibe, Solanke, Benteke, Allen, Sakho, Kevin Stewart etc.

1 Like

Liverpool have done some business in recent years in fairness … 10m up for Lovren already this year.

Brodge was never backed like Klopp was, he had star talents like Sterling and Suarez sold on in his short time at the club. Klopp has received unbelievable backing and patience at Liverpool which is why is success is not that impressive.

He ended the 30 year famine. They’ll be building a statue of Klopp outside Anfield in years to come.

Rodgers suffered due to previous catastrophe of Downing / Carroll / Adam - Henderson … FSG went into retreat and sorted the club finances out commercially first — he was just a bit unlucky in that regard - He also got a squad at it’s peak — Klopp had to rebuild that team with Carra, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling gone and Sturridge , Skrtl, Mingolet, Johnson all going into decline…

Rodgers lost out on Clint Dempsey and Sigurdsson to Spurs. Thankfully Klopp convinced Mane and Wijnaldum to choose Anfield over White Hart Lane.

The thing that confuses me is that if Klopp was so good, why did it take him 5 years to land the EPL.

Leicester Fucking City won one in that time, FFS.

2 Likes

City have gathered over £100m on the sale of strikers alone I’d say since the Arabs arrived.