January Transfer Window 2021

Typical modern football fan expecting instant success rather than improvement year on year and then becoming a sustainable top side like Liverpool have

1 Like

Bit of a difference between 50m and 27m

Well spotted

His point is plenty of managers have won a league in quicker time than Klopp.

Heā€™s done a decent job with Liverpool but the hyperbole surrounding what heā€™s done is a bit ridiculous.

You can already seeing it all fall apart for them very quickly as the level of delusional surrounding them will catch them out.

27 million for a first teamer is amazing business.

Ake the latest Chelsea reject to go for big money.

Tevez sold for Ā£8 million and Dzeko for Ā£9 is far less than what they paid for them though. Santa Cruz left on a free, raked in Ā£18 million for Balotelli I suppose.

Must have lost 20m on Robinho

1 Like

They lost 4 games in two years - accumulated 98 points last seaon - that would have pissed the league most years ā€¦ and the spin merchants are citing this as a failure on his part - because he has come up against the strongest team to ever play in the premiership - oh dear, oh dear- to carry last seasons form into the season just gone was just phenomenalā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s the demands of modern football. In fact itā€™s generally been the demand for continental teams, look at the cut throat nature of the big teams in Italy, Spain and Germany.

Sure Juventus have won about 9 in a row and Bayern about 8 in a row. Thereā€™s no competition on the continent.

:joy: This is the new thing from Liverpool since their form has dropped off in March. They are now looking back at Liverpoolā€™s record over two seasons to try and argue they are a great team.

Itā€™s amusing too because Liverpool fans seem to melt down when somebody mentions man uniteds record since bruno Fernandes signed.

Juve have had a number of tight title races.

The English league has generally lacked title races where one side runs away with it.

Iā€™d prefer a league with 5 different winners since 2013 to a league with the same winner each year since 2012 (and the winner caught match fixing in the not too distant past)

Liverpool had very little to play for upon return - it was just about securing a couple of wins ā€” Utd were chasing the 4th place trophy and had to go out to win every game ā€¦

Itā€™s sad I have to explain all this for young lads like yourself but itā€™s the only way youā€™ll learn I suppose.

United finished 33 points behind the Champions. They were closer to the relegation zone than LiverpoolšŸ˜… Bigger points gap to the title winners than when they were relegated in the early 70ā€™s.

Liverpool were battered by Watford, dumped out of the fa cup by Chelsea and beaten by Madrid in the champions league in March.

Liverpool are decent team that prospered in a weak league with the 3 or 4 teams around them were awful.

I know as I have been saying itā€™s a really weak league. The standard is awful.

This concept of great teams having to win the Champions League and Premier league in the same season. Does that mean AC Milan 03-07 arenā€™t a great team? Or most of Real Madridā€™s champions League winning seasons 2014-2018?

Every European final last year was all-EnglishšŸ˜‚