Job Interviews

im under the impression that you are in the equine industry?

what unexpected situations arise when you are slopping out the stables?

:rolleyes:

Its from his time in prison runt, they are treated like animals there and they get slopped out, so heā€™s probably confused.

You shouldā€™ve said whats a baseball. That wouldā€™ve tested their ability to react to unexpected situations.

A strong handshake and eye contact. If they ask you what your weaknesses are say I canā€™t tolerate bullshit and stare them out.

Or a good feckin showlder to the chest would work too

Oh ya I forgot that bit. After ye shake hands at the start stand in next to the biggest of em and give em a few butts of the hurley.

<_<

Ah Flano when I said I dont tolerate bullshit I didnā€™t mean you.

Make sure to know as much about the company as possibleā€¦

Try find out if they use any specific testing tools and show you know about them

As most companies use their own scripts etc ā€¦ know in details of generic scripts/programs which could be used

another question often asked not sure if its in your list of them that you copied and pasted but
What would you bring to the job

Make sure and have intelligent questions to ask them in relation to the positionā€¦
possible how many others are currently part of the team they are hiring for currently?
who you would be reporting to ? presumely the Test Manager or Test Lead in this case

Also how much will I be paid and how many holidays do I get. Also slip a question about whether doctors certs are required for sick days

Bullshit.

you should never ask directly what you will get paidā€¦ you should know what they are offering or jobs like said job is offering if they dont say on the spec

you can ask if their is any benefits should of social club, gym membership, pension etc if its not in the job spec some companies have this on their website or in job spec so no need to askā€¦ although some companies you must be workng with 6 months before you can get these benefits so you could ask something like

i see on your website that you offer a range of benefits including blah blah and blahā€¦ do these benefits become active straight away if i was to get the position or would it be 6 months a year before i would be able to benefit from these

This is hilarious stuff. Keep it coming though, it amuses me.

One of my friends told me he was asked that and he replied ā€œSandwichesā€.
Got a good laugh.

I was only joking you ape. You never under any circumstances ask about money or perks unless theyā€™re trying to head hunt you

never know with you limerick money hungry lot

have a rake of anecdotes learned off in your head -

here is one I have used many times, other ones in relation to hard work- spent my summers as a student working in construction - learned the value of a good work ethic

Q - when have you been able to personally resolve an issue with a customer etc etc (there has always been a question of this type thrown in)

A - I like to tell a story of back when I was a student - i used work during all the holiday seasons for spending money, ah sure ya know yourself bit of money for the rest of the year hahaha. Anyway one Xmas, I got a job with Dunnes and was on my way into my shift when on the corridoor on the way in I saw this person in serious distress at the phone credit machine. it was one of those machines that you put your money in and it dispensed the credit slip. anyway he was creating quite a scene as it was the main hallway into the shopping centre at our busiest time of year. I kind of felt I had to go up to him and see what the matter was. Eventually after some persuasion I got him to calm down and sit on the bench next to the machine. he explained that he had put 50 euros into the machine and nothing had come out. He really needed that fifty euros. Anyway I signalled to another staff member to get him a cup of tea and got our head office to ring the machin distributor crowd. We put him on the phone to them and they ensured him that they would have someone there today and if there was fifty euros jammed in the machine it would be returned to him. he seemed happy enough with that and headed away. The manager on duty at the time commended me for my action and i actually received the employee of the month award. I guess the key was seperating the person from the problem. People are decent at the end of the day and we all can get a bit stressed from time to time.

I dropped this story in London a few years back to silence for a few seconds. I thought I was fucked - anyway the snot nosed cunt at the other end of the table goes yeah I used work in Retail myself we used see these kinds of incidents regularly. they lapped it up :lol:

Interviews are a pile of bollocks that justify ridiculous salaries from the most disposable part of any organisation - HR. I liked my one here in Aus - a coffee with two of the senior lads and they asked me when i could start after about five minutes. No bullshitting around.

i honestly hope you die in your sleep tonight after reading that

1 Like

Women are thick Julio

(and easy to knock down)

I think part of me did die reading it. Its up there with that mong who posted up about the shop he used to run.