Job Interviews

& its no surprise the 2 of them are bessiers 1/2 a world away

The first question I would ask you is:

You seem to move around a lot and havenā€™t held any decent job for any length of time. Why do you think you are so unemployable?

good one brian,
i did a few myself for a previous company i used to work for, instead of asking technical questions like about final year project or that were relevant to the job that the candidates had prob prepared for we used to fire random stuff at them like ā€œhow does a fridge workā€? or " how does a telephone work?" and watch them sweat.
We used to totally play dumb ( as we were) but saying nothing and allowing a long protracted silence to develope that the candidates in most cases became uncomfortable with and sought to fill with their own ideas.
We were basically just looking for a logical explanation under pressure as we didnt have a clue either unknownst to them but the levels of panic and bullshit some poor fooks resorted to was laughable at times.
One time we asked this bird, " you are driving home late at night and the battery fails in your car, what do you do?".

she started crying.

///

We were interviewing interns there a couple of years back and we asked a gimme starter.

ā€œTell me about yourselfā€
Answer: ā€œWhat do you want to know?ā€

It went downhill from there. Hostile mofo.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

FFS.

:stuck_out_tongue:

FOAD.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed in his face and asked him how deep was the swimming pool. He didnā€™t know and said good answer. I was offered the job!

Donā€™t work in the equine industry mate

Can someone tell me if its worth wasting a minute of my life reading this?

no no no

:lol:
Laughed very loudly after reading this response, fair play mate.

Heā€™s an even bigger cunt than Dublin Bay Prawn that KIB lad.

Ah it definitely is in a kind of David Brent cringey type way.

Iā€™d like to think heā€™s pulling the piss but I doubt it.

These are graduates too. Had a tough time getting to the 30 minute mark, I tend to relax once I get to that point. I hate doing them though, Iā€™ve got low self esteem, no personality and Iā€™m not very chatty so these things are a nightmare.

Have to be careful what your record on the evaluation form too as they are entitled to view that at a later date by law. The thing to remember is - if you right ā€œgreat rackā€ make sure you scribble it out really well.

It may be a good idea to spell correctly as well.

:smiley:

see my post above, in general allow the candidate to do the talking , just have a few questions prepared,
ive never conducted an interview where there was a set min or max time so if after 5 minutes youā€™ve had enough then just let it be,
its an interview not a conversation
also your point in bold i do not believe to be correct,
a previous corporation i used to work for would not under any circimstances even give u a reference for fear of been sued, all you would get is a proof of employment letter from the company. i find it hard to believe nor have i ever been briefed that a candidtate is allowed to see the interview evaluation or the data is even retained

Thinking about it , if you are interviewing graduates with 0 experience for a graduate program where the training is spoonfed and structured I guess you must ask the same questions each interview right?
Ive never done that, in my previous cases its been interviewing graduates and people with average experience for design ENG and say technician roles in a aeronautics company with military speciality.
The work in general involves long hours ,deadlines and thinking on your feet , contractor based and there is no training plan or anything like that for new employees
You are just thrown with a buddy and if you donā€™t fit in after the min 3 months your out, all the applicants need a H1 min so u know they have a reasonable degree of cop on.
The purpose of our interviews is to see can they apply that cop on real time,

If itā€™s on Friday and thereā€™s a Turkish looking guy asking the questions feel free to mention TFK and Iā€™ll see what I can do.

It is on Friday.

Hmmmā€¦ wear a red hat and Iā€™ll know itā€™s you.

Shit, am I supposed to know Linux?