Job Interviews

Never in doubt lad

Back in early 2007 when things were going bananas I went for an interview that turned into 3 for a competitor, I wasnā€™t overly interested in moving just testing the water so to speak, anyway I get a call from the recruiter shortly afterwards saying they were making me an offer, grand says I she then told me what it was and immediately I said can you repeat that, it was ā‚¬27k more than what i was on :hushed:! In hindsight Iā€™ve always felt no wonder we crashed and burned shortly afterwards.

8 Likes

A few years ago, myself and a good friend and colleague were the only two applicants for a promotion. It meant alot to both of us, but we played it fair and helped each other in preparation, worked through practice interviews and discussed what the best direction to take the department once either of us got the post. We also agreed to fully back the other once the cards had fallen with the appointment. We both did fairly well in the interview and I was privileged to be offered the position. Pat was content enough with the outcome, his only regret was that fucking fire alarm that went off in the middle of his interview. The half hour interruption made a right cunt of it for him.

23 Likes

Sake GIF by Sorakami

If anyone posted that youā€™d fuckin tear them to shreds :rollseyes:

4 Likes

Itā€™s like I donā€™t know you guys at all.

2 Likes

Privileged even

The lazy fucker is resting since the arrival of Covid. Did you see the state of the gaff, the driveway and the sthone piers with the electric gates.
The young lassies are able to drive sliotars from the doorstep out across the road off left and rightā€¦.Restā€¦.donā€™t vex me ā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone said it. Heā€™s encroaching into the Burren quicker than Vladimir could dream of.

Nice one, did you over ride the alarm system or give 50 euro to some young fella to have a smoke in the jacks?

1 Like

I starting Tuesday week in a new place.

15 Likes

Congrats chief.

Hope the sleep has improved & your feeling better

Cheers mate.

Yes - things have improved. Still working through it.

:+1:

1 Like

Lovely stuff, congrats. Does that not correlate with the poor sleep recently? Pre match nervesā€¦ Moving jobs is a bit of a shift from the comfort zone.

Cheers mate and all the best to you too.

Iā€™m sure the new job contributed to it.

Iā€™m doing pretty much the same job in another place but at a bit more senior level. So Iā€™m relatively relaxed about it.

1 Like

My elbow slipped.

5 Likes

Laurel and Hardy.

Came here I think two days ago, and Iā€™m after missing about 500 posts. So Iā€™ll askā€¦

Got an interview for the council for 3 weeks time. Whatā€™s the best thing to wear? Black suit, shirt with tie? Or something like blue jumper, trousers, brown shoes and tie? Iā€™m genuinely at sea here.

Donkey jacket?

10 Likes

Heā€™s become a funeral director. The two men under him are gravediggers.