Joe Canning, Unquestionably the GOAT

The rural club is on its knees in most counties, if there’s no employment to keep fellas local then what hope have clubs

1 Like

In one way it’s sad. In another, Dublin, Galway and cork are the new London, New York and Sidney for now. The young folk are only having to go 30 or 40 miles down the road to find decent employment, as opposed to the far end of the planet.
Emigration from rural communities has long been a fact of life. I wonder whether it won’t stabilise over the next few years.

3 Likes

Your icon’s club and Kiltormer another amalgamation. I drove through Killimor for the first time in years a few weeks back, they have a lovely new school building there but the rest of the place looks pitiful. Like you say, just that bit too far from Galway to be a realistic commuter place for most. The Galway minor footballers yesterday had 5 of the starting 15 from Claregalway which is just a sign of how things are changing.

1 Like

If they got the outer bypass sorted out, anywhere in East Galway would be a viable commute I reckon.

1 Like

You forgot Waterford mate

1 Like

Down South side… We’ve fucked the hurls in over the sea wall and all efforts are focused on Paddleboarding and the 2028 Olympics.

1 Like

If he win fuck all it’ll be no less than the hurlers.

Two families, the Treacy’s, Sean, Vinny, Stephen and Pierce & the Cannings, Seamus, Frankie, Davy, Ivan, Ollie & Joe, made a huge difference to one club.

1 Like

Are your baristas hoping to medal?

Few McEntees as well?

I paid my own little tribute to Joe last night. Not his franchise but it’s the thought that counts.

8 Likes

Savage value. They could bounce back without Joe. As great as he is the show must go on and Galway weren’t contenders the last few years just on the back of Joe. That’s worth a tenner at least

Hard to believe this was done by hand

2 Likes

Looks like Taggy Fogarty in a Galway jersey.

Not a bad shout actually.

Was it by the same lad who did the Cristiano Ronaldo sculpture?

Was it done by foot instead?

1 Like

It’s uncanny

7 Likes

Joe Chi Minh

1 Like

Uncanning

6 Likes