Joe Canning, Unquestionably the GOAT

What is Joe up to these days? Is he married? Kids?

An hour doesn’t do a career like that justice. Could have easily made it a two hour job without being laboured.

The father seems a right sound character, typical west of Ireland father. Cool as a breeze and content doing his thing. Gas in his own way.

Also, I’m glad David Burke won an All-Ireland. What a player he was.

19 Likes

He only got married a few weeks back, around Christmas.

Think he only got married last year. Married a limerick lass.

He has the Camile. As mentioned previously he could set up a right swanky boozer in Galway with his good pal Alan Clancy, but the Shop street mafia could kibosh him? @Lazarus

Was that not 2016? Tipp didn’t make it out of Munster in 18’ and Limerick beat ye in the final.

2 Likes

He already has one in Athlone.

1 Like

You’re spot on. As punishment I’ll be forced to watch 20 Moyculleners on the pitch at various stages in a hammering by Mayo on Saturday.

1 Like

It makes fuck all. Joe needs a proper personally branded Galway one

1 Like

All the good pubs are taken

2 Likes

Joe still moaning about 2006. They were 10 points up at half time and cruising.

It does alright I’m told but not something I’d call a pub myself. Very much one for the Intagram generation but that’s the way its gone now

1 Like

“A venue”.

I hate all those places. House and Cafe en Seine being classics of the genre.

Weird.

The best hurler I ever did see and will ever see, of that I am sure. As many have mentioned, you could have an entire series devoted to him.

4 Likes

i can’t understand the dislike of him a lot of Galway lads on here have of him

4 Likes

Joe was the greatest hurler to ever play the game

1 Like

Hopefully he drives the nippers up to Portumna to play with them rather than Monaleen. I fear the wife might put the foot down though.

1 Like

That goal v Kilkenny in 15 was the greatest goal of this millennium.

7 Likes

he knew what he was doing before the ball was ever in his paw. He knew where the defenders were as well. I don’t think i’ve seen a better goal

it would stand as a piece of brilliance against anything in any sport.

6 Likes