Journalist Investigated over Teenage Girl

If you’re on mobile go to desktop view

Just reading today’s paper, didn’t realise the girl was 16 and that he was estranged from his wife,
No excuse obviously but it seems the reporting and particularly the rumours going around were quite different.

Thought she was 14 at the start of it?

Humphries sent the first text message to the girl in December 2008. She later told gardaí that she didn’t know how he got her number but presumed it was through her GAA club.

For months the texts consisted of general conversation about her schooling and life.

In 2009 he sent her two images of his penis. She became upset about these and deleted them immediately.

She told him not to send anything like this again and he reverted to sending non-sexual texts. A year later the texts became increasingly sexual again with Humphries asking the girl about her sexual experience

1 Like

Right, I hadn’t seen most of that, according to the red top I was reading a while ago she was 16 before anything untoward occurred, a picture of his mickey would be considered more than a bit off.

wtf?

Well mate, this could be spun to make it look like anything but… my understanding was that the girl was 14 and that he was a happily married husband and father. I read different today and just mentioned it here, please don’t pursue this line, it was merely an observation.

1 Like

How did Humphries find his mickey in the first place to take a photo of it?

9 Likes

Instead of begging him to leave you alone, tell him to fuck off back to the swamp.

I wouldn’t be a big one for the TFK handy cliched put downs unless they’re my own.
And @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is my online bessier :facepunch:

1 Like

a misunderstanding, can easily happen

my fault, i jumped in and posted without thinking

2 Likes

What a guy.

1 Like

Selfie Stick

1 Like

Selfie crane more like

I saw mention in reports that the DPP was going to bring charges against him in relation to another girl but dropped them a few months back.

Timeline was:
December 2008 - initial contact made, girl aged 14.
December 2010 - defilement after a litany of texts, girl aged 16.
March 2011 - arrested.

has his GGA club or the DCB commented?

if you keep asking do you think someone will answer?

yes mate, that’s why im asking

Check their website for a press release or statement?

I will not