Journey advice Dublin to Westport

The lads here that drive a lot, which is the fastest and least hassle route in the car?
Leaving Dublin 130 ish in the afternoon on wednesday. As stress free and fast as possible. Would ye head to Galway and drive up from there, making as much of the trip as possible on the motorway, or take another route?
I’d be very grateful for advice.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1138141, member: 1170”]The lads here that drive a lot, which is the fastest and least hassle route in the car?
Leaving Dublin 130 ish in the afternoon on wednesday. As stress free and fast as possible. Would ye head to Galway and drive up from there, making as much of the trip as possible on the motorway, or take another route?
I’d be very grateful for advice.[/QUOTE]

Get the train from Heuston. Its quicker than driving.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1138141, member: 1170”]The lads here that drive a lot, which is the fastest and least hassle route in the car?
I’d be very grateful for advice.[/QUOTE]

Is the train out? It’s much of a muchness after that. Via Mullingar would be the natural route.

Motorway via M6, M4 then onto the back roads via Castlrea, Castlebar & into Westport. Fair old spin but 3 hours should get you there handy.

Galway is way out of the way.

Thanks. I have to bring a friend of my dad’s fishing who has had a bad time recently, so I have to pick him up in knock on Thursday, drive him to Westport for a conference on Friday morning, and then bring him to Carra Friday afternoon, and the corrib on Sunday, so its a hell of a trip, but I promised him after his wife passed, so it’ll have to be by car. Ill get the ferry over weds morning and drive to Westport for the night probably.

You seem to be an awfully nice fellow @flattythehurdler don’t know what you are doing around these e-parts with us cynical cunts.

Go the Ballaghadereen route, your only man

Any flights into Knock from your part of the world?

He’s so nice that I find it hard to keep criticising his shocking diet. Its for his own good though so I have to persist. It’s what he would do if the roles were reversed.

That looks the easiest right enough. Any idea what it’s like for speed camera vans?

There are , but ill likely stay in Galway til Tuesday and drive back then. I need a car really for the fishing. It’s a pain in the ass though. I’m dreading it tbh.

Sure if it gets too much you could always jump in and get some training done

There is an awful lot on here that makes me laugh, and, when it boils down to it, I don’t think many on here would be leave you wanting. *

*I could be completely wrong of course.

That’s the plan. Ill bring the wetsuit.

flatty is a twee simpleton of that there is no doubt but I like him a lot more than that whelp horsebox

True that, but keep the foot down while in Roscommon - they’re all cunts, every last one of them. :eek:

@flattythehurdler i should be staying in the Westport area Wednesday night. Let’s go for a few :pint:

Are you bringing the 911 over? That will impress the roasters up there.

Driving is brilliant. Love it.

What do you drive, may have something to do with it? I prefer to cycle where possible.