Journey advice Dublin to Westport

I would perfer the drive to Westport more than the cycle.

No it isnt, driving is a good half hour quicker.

@Blake has hit the nail on the head with the route suggested.

Doesn’t necessarily depend on the car but obviously something decent is better than driving a fiat uno or something. A good long road trip can be good sometimes. Driving around cities is a pain in the arse. Cycling is fine provided you have lanes for it.

Unless you are EPO’d up to your ears.

Defo. I’ll PM you later :-). Great job.

The best thing to impress on the mayo roasters is the boot of the Galway football team on their big red throat.

Couldn’t say it’s bad either way, though I do remember passing one around Strokestown a few months ago

That hasn’t happened a lot recently

I know. :confused::mad:

:eek:

Heading off to drink a lough of porter in Matt Molley’s this weekend. Leaving Dublin mid to late afternoon tomorrow, am I as well off heading on the M6 to Athenry and then the M17 to Westport rather than slogging through Roscommon on single lane roads?

Get the train

To get the train I would need to get a Dart to Connolly and then the Luas over at rush hour and then same thing back on the Sunday evening adding at least an hour onto the trip. No thank you.

The tfk green faction will have your guts for garters kid

Drive and park in Heuston, Adamstown or Sallins. You’ll have a grand snooze home on Sunday and not be worried about drink driving.

Can someone who isn’t soft in the head like @mac please advise here

1 Like

Stay in Dublin

1 Like

The only bad section of the direct road is Strokestown to Frenchpark which you’ll get through in half an hour. The rest of the road is grand and is the quickest way.

Seconded.

Longford, ballaghadereen are bypassed now. Stop in Tarmonbarry for the coffee and a bar of chocolate…

Job = Oxo