Keane surely on the verge of sack

Dire game. Saw Andy Reid was in the side so decided to watch it.

First half, Andy Reid was playing so well I was hoping Trappatoni was watching. Keane had him on the left and Richardson in the middle. Reid literally created three golden chances for Cisse who bottled them all. He also hit the bar with a great chip. Sunderland were unlucky not to get 2 penalties in fairness altho there was a touch of the GAA forward special about the second one as I thought Cisse grabbed Collins arm and dragged him down. West Ham scored with a deflection after a free kick. They also missed one of the worst sitters of this or any other season to make it 2-0.

Second half was crying out for Reid to be moved into the centre. Richardson was being knocked off the ball regularly and Whitehead was just awful on the ball. Reid created another golden chance for Cisse who fucked it up again. After about an hour Sunderland made two changes. Malbranque who was having a stinker was subbed for Edwards, Murphy also came on. Cisse, Richardson, Whitehead and Jones could have all made way but Keane inexplicably took off Reid, their only bit of quality in the side. The rest of the game was predictable. Sunderland hitting long ball after long ball on top of Upson and Collins head. Diouf also came on late on for Jones. I thought he would surely be going up front but it seemed to me as if he was a defensive midfielder. Bizarre but then nothing ever make sense when it comes to Keaneā€™s tactics.

I actually feel sorry for Niall Quinn after the game. Sunderland were weak throughout. Bardsley is a useless indisciplined clown at right back. His centre halves, Ferdinand and Nosworthy are poor. Collins aint great. Malbranque has quality but isnt suited by the long ball shambles that Keane seems to encourage. Whitehead is one of the worst players in the Premier League. Reminds me of Gavin McCann at his worst at Villa. Richardson is knocked off the ball continously. Cisse is a complete clown up front. Selfish, cant head the ball or wont hold it up. Jones is just a poor player. The players they brought on, 2 forwards Murphy and Diouf who wouldnt score in a Thai whore house and Edwards who aint great.

After all the money spent that is what Sunderland are left with. Zero gameplan, zero tactics and a crowd that got on their back from the moment they went behind. A side going absolutely nowhere.

West Ham are a poor poor team. I have them backed to go down. Sunderlandā€™s hoofing suited their defence perfectly. Scott Parker had a fine game in midfield tho. Carlton Cole can hold the ball up well but couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. He bullied the Sunderland centre halves continously in fairness to him tho. Bellamy was clever today. Behrami the goal scorer was sharp also. It is a pretty sad indictement of Keane but Zola won the tactical battle hands down today. West Ham looked like they had a purpose. They tried to play the ball. Parker was clever and they played to Bellamy and Coleā€™s strengths. The fact that they had to bring on muck like Mullins and Boa Morte underlines the size of the task Zola has to keep them up.

When does the end point come for Quinn and the Sunderland board? The fans cannot be expected to turn up and watch the absolute muck that his side played today. What would Tony Mowbray have achieved if he was given the money that Keane has? What would Bryan Robson have achieved? Sad

[quote=ā€œKIB manā€]Dire game. Saw Andy Reid was in the side so decided to watch it.

First half, Andy Reid was playing so well I was hoping Trappatoni was watching. Keane had him on the left and Richardson in the middle. Reid literally created three golden chances for Cisse who bottled them all. He also hit the bar with a great chip. Sunderland were unlucky not to get 2 penalties in fairness altho there was a touch of the GAA forward special about the second one as I thought Cisse grabbed Collins arm and dragged him down. West Ham scored with a deflection after a free kick. They also missed one of the worst sitters of this or any other season to make it 2-0.

Second half was crying out for Reid to be moved into the centre. Richardson was being knocked off the ball regularly and Whitehead was just awful on the ball. Reid created another golden chance for Cisse who fucked it up again. After about an hour Sunderland made two changes. Malbranque who was having a stinker was subbed for Edwards, Murphy also came on. Cisse, Richardson, Whitehead and Jones could have all made way but Keane inexplicably took off Reid, their only bit of quality in the side. The rest of the game was predictable. Sunderland hitting long ball after long ball on top of Upson and Collins head. Diouf also came on late on for Jones. I thought he would surely be going up front but it seemed to me as if he was a defensive midfielder. Bizarre but then nothing ever make sense when it comes to Keaneā€™s tactics.

I actually feel sorry for Niall Quinn after the game. Sunderland were weak throughout. Bardsley is a useless indisciplined clown at right back. His centre halves, Ferdinand and Nosworthy are poor. Collins aint great. Malbranque has quality but isnt suited by the long ball shambles that Keane seems to encourage. Whitehead is one of the worst players in the Premier League. Reminds me of Gavin McCann at his worst at Villa. Richardson is knocked off the ball continously. Cisse is a complete clown up front. Selfish, cant head the ball or wont hold it up. Jones is just a poor player. The players they brought on, 2 forwards Murphy and Diouf who wouldnt score in a Thai whore house and Edwards who aint great.

After all the money spent that is what Sunderland are left with. Zero gameplan, zero tactics and a crowd that got on their back from the moment they went behind. A side going absolutely nowhere.

West Ham are a poor poor team. I have them backed to go down. Sunderlandā€™s hoofing suited their defence perfectly. Scott Parker had a fine game in midfield tho. Carlton Cole can hold the ball up well but couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. He bullied the Sunderland centre halves continously in fairness to him tho. Bellamy was clever today. Behrami the goal scorer was sharp also. It is a pretty sad indictement of Keane but Zola won the tactical battle hands down today. West Ham looked like they had a purpose. They tried to play the ball. Parker was clever and they played to Bellamy and Coleā€™s strengths. The fact that they had to bring on muck like Mullins and Boa Morte underlines the size of the task Zola has to keep them up.

When does the end point come for Quinn and the Sunderland board? The fans cannot be expected to turn up and watch the absolute muck that his side played today. What would Tony Mowbray have achieved if he was given the money that Keane has? What would Bryan Robson have achieved? Sad[/quote]

Ciaran Cronin is on the trail as well now so Keano is well and truly fucked. Saying that it took about three years of pleading with the IRFU to sack Oā€™Sullivan so Keane will at least have a chance to plan his next move.

Bit of a hatchet job on him alright. The list of players Keane has brought in though is embarrassing. He aint far removed from Steve Staunton

Saw a small bit of the game but was concentrating on Werder Bremen failing to make the most of their dominance against Hamburg on Setanta instead.

What I did notice is how bad a footballer Bardsley is. Simple little things like needing two touches to move the ball forward from his feet every time he got on the ball. Heā€™s ridiculously bad. And Murphy was shocking when he came on. Canā€™t beat his man, canā€™t cross and his right foot is as bad as my left foot.

Harsh saying Jones is a poor player though. He has his limitations but heā€™s more than able to cope in the EPL.

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Saw a small bit of the game but was concentrating on Werder Bremen failing to make the most of their dominance against Hamburg on Setanta instead.

What I did notice is how bad a footballer Bardsley is. Simple little things like needing two touches to move the ball forward from his feet every time he got on the ball. Heā€™s ridiculously bad. And Murphy was shocking when he came on. Canā€™t beat his man, canā€™t cross and his right foot is as bad as my left foot.

Harsh saying Jones is a poor player though. He has his limitations but heā€™s more than able to cope in the EPL.[/quote]

Bardsley is woeful. He was at Villa for a while. MON thought it was better to have Mellberg right back the season after rather than retaining him. Says a lot. Keane thought he would be able to get the best out of trouble makers like Chimbonda and Diouf. Chimbonda wasnt even in the squad. Diouf came on for last 5 mins.

Rock, Jones got about 6 goals last season and was heralded as the next Alan Shearer. He is as average as Carlton Cole, Kevin Davies, Alan Smith or any more of those forwards than cant score. Dwight Yorke shot him down nicely in the summer saying that he would be embarrassed as a striker to score 6 goals in a season in which he was first choice. Jones was terrible tonight too.

Anyway I thought Murphy was a striker. Keane played him on the left of midfield when he came on. Truly bizarre. Another one we can discount as masquerading as a professional footballer in any case.

Iā€™m coming on here to defend West Ham but in fairness, itā€™s hard to find reasons to say they are worth their place in the EPL. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll go down (West Brom, RK Sunderland* and B/Burn for me) but in fairness the club are in so much shit at the minute you have to adminre them for sticking at it. Theyā€™ve beaten most of the teams around them theyā€™ve come up against and should get at least another 20 pts before the end of the season. Itā€™s very tight down there at the minute, couple of results and you shoot back up the table. They just need to settle down a bit, keep it tight at the back like they have over the past couple of games and Wham should be ok.

Thought James Collins and Scotty Parker were excellent today.

*RK Sunderland = Roy Keanes Sunderland - anyone else ever notice this is how the Irish radio and tv media refer to Sunderland these days? I would also include MM Wolves and MON Aston Villa

[quote=ā€œKIB manā€]Bardsley is woeful. He was at Villa for a while. MON thought it was better to have Mellberg right back the season after rather than retaining him. Says a lot. Keane thought he would be able to get the best out of trouble makers like Chimbonda and Diouf. Chimbonda wasnt even in the squad. Diouf came on for last 5 mins.

Rock, Jones got about 6 goals last season and was heralded as the next Alan Shearer. He is as average as Carlton Cole, Kevin Davies, Alan Smith or any more of those forwards than cant score. Dwight Yorke shot him down nicely in the summer saying that he would be embarrassed as a striker to score 6 goals in a season in which he was first choice. Jones was terrible tonight too.

Anyway I thought Murphy was a striker. Keane played him on the left of midfield when he came on. Truly bizarre. Another one we can discount as masquerading as a professional footballer in any case.[/quote]

Iā€™m not suggesting Jones is a world beater but the likes of Cole and Davies are average EPL strikers - theyā€™ll always get a club to take them on because thatā€™s the standard of player thatā€™s knocking about. Heā€™s not good enough for the top clubs but thatā€™s not where Sunderland are at.

(Oh and he got 8 league goals last year - youā€™ll have to do a crash course in maths!)

Murphy seems to play half his games on the left wing. Heā€™s shite either way.

Much like KD Reading.

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Iā€™m not suggesting Jones is a world beater but the likes of Cole and Davies are average EPL strikers - theyā€™ll always get a club to take them on because thatā€™s the standard of player thatā€™s knocking about. Heā€™s not good enough for the top clubs but thatā€™s not where Sunderland are at.

(Oh and he got 8 league goals last year - youā€™ll have to do a crash course in maths!)

Murphy seems to play half his games on the left wing. Heā€™s shite either way.[/quote]

Yes and Jones is an average EPL striker too. 8 goals in 36 games for Sunderland last season.

Anyway enough about the maths. Quinn has to grow some balls and start thinking about how long more Keane gets to ā€˜learn his tradeā€™. With the money Keane has spent compared to those around him you would have thought a top 10 place was the minimum requirement. I cant see them coming close.

Keane reminds me so much of Bryan Robson as a manager. Tactically clueless.

I think he deserves another full season overall if you look at it this way:

Year 1 - promotion to the EPL ahead of schedule.
Year 2 - maintained EPL status.

He achieved his objective in both campaigns so far, while admittedly having substantial funds to spend.

Now, I think his transfer dealings have been abysmal and a raft of the players he purhased ahead of the 2007/08 season have been moved on already, either permenently or on loan (Etuhu, Halford, Higginbotham, Chopra, Prica).

This last close season he was again amongst the top 5 spenders in Europe so they should be looking for progression but it again appears he bought some pups.

Thereā€™s a reason the first 3 players he bought were Spurs reserves and then he went and spent a combined 14m on Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney from West Ham. Anton Fooking Ferdinand. I havenā€™t even mentioned Cisse and Diouf, although the former will probably get a decent few goals.

But I agree with KIB Man in that I donā€™t see a style of play and thereā€™s no continuity or consistency in team selection. To be honest, I canā€™t see them finishing in the top half and they should be getting into Europe based on their outlay.

[quote=ā€œLockeā€]Iā€™m coming on here to defend West Ham but in fairness, itā€™s hard to find reasons to say they are worth their place in the EPL. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll go down (West Brom, RK Sunderland* and B/Burn for me) but in fairness the club are in so much shit at the minute you have to adminre them for sticking at it. Theyā€™ve beaten most of the teams around them theyā€™ve come up against and should get at least another 20 pts before the end of the season. Itā€™s very tight down there at the minute, couple of results and you shoot back up the table. They just need to settle down a bit, keep it tight at the back like they have over the past couple of games and Wham should be ok.

Thought James Collins and Scotty Parker were excellent today.

*RK Sunderland = Roy Keanes Sunderland - anyone else ever notice this is how the Irish radio and tv media refer to Sunderland these days? I would also include MM Wolves and MON Aston Villa[/quote]

I dont know Locke I can still see them being well and truly down there come the end of the season. Unfortunately for West Ham every club in the league knows that they are in a dire financial situation so it could be easy pickings come Jan. 'Arry needs a keeper, a left sided central defender and a combative centre midfielder. He also likes his English players. Now I aint that good at Maths as people on here will know but it I expect in a couple of weeks a few public utterings from 'Arry like the following:

Robert Green is a fantastic keeper, the best young English one in the game. Of course I would be interested if he became available.
Scotty Parker is a cracking player. He is the kind of player I would love to bring to the club. Of course I would be interested if he became available.
Matty Upson, well he is a England international centre half. One of the best defenders in Europe. Fantastic player. Of course I would be interested if he became available.

If any of those three go West Ham are doomed.

Watched them against Everton a few weeks back. Again like last night they were tidy in possession and they always looked like they were playing to a gameplan. Everton equalised near the end and it didnt take much for West Ham to capitulate totally in the last 10 mins. The club knows its way through the trap door too.

the following article was in satudays indo, when you read it bear in mind the fattest footballer in england plays for him!
So either heā€™s a fucking hypocrite of the highest order or his management genius of motivating players through media is underestimated and misunderstood.
personally i think the man is thick as horseshit
:rolleyes:

Keane warns ā€˜unfitā€™ Irish aces to clean up their act

Roy Keane has warned Irish and Scottish footballers they must clean up their lives if they are ever to match their counterparts from other countries.

The former Republic of Ireland skipper believes many Premier League footballers, and particularly those not in their teams, could be fitter, and is appalled that such is the case.

Keane, who also played in Scotland with Celtic, is adamant that both his compatriots and players from north of the English border are putting themselves at a disadvantage because of their off-the-field habits.

His comments came after Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington expressed his concern at the fitness levels of members of his squad who are struggling to get regular football with their clubs, something which is a concern for Republic of Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni.

The Sunderland boss (pictured right) said: "The English lads donā€™t seem to be too bad ā€“ obviously, the French and the Spanish are good.

"But the players with the biggest problem in terms of changing their mentality are certainly the Irish and the Scottish players because thatā€™s the way they have been brought up.

"Thatā€™s the way I was brought up. I was brought up eating rubbish, drinking rubbish, so it is trying to change that mentality.

"You have to try to remind the players and provide these dieticians and speak to the players and eventually, you hope the penny will drop.

"You hope ā€“ sometimes it doesnā€™t.

"I will go back to the game a few weeks ago, the United and Arsenal game.

"You have got to be able to sprint to people, you have got to play for 90 minutes.

"You canā€™t be tiring after 45, 50 minutes, not in the Premier League. You canā€™t do it.ā€™ā€™

Keaneā€™s squad is packed with Irish players ā€“ Paul McShane and Anthony Stokes, currently out on loan, as well as Liam Miller and Daryl Murphy, were away with the Republic this week, while Andy Reid has been a regular, and 9m Scotland 'keeper Craig Gordon is also on the books at the Stadium of Light, although currently injured.

The Black Cats have worked hard on educating their current crop, but the manager knows they can only do so much.

He said: "You can provide everything for them in terms of fitness coaches, the right foods, the right hotels or whatever it might be.

"But of course, you cannot follow players when they leave your training ground.

"I think a lot of players in the Premier League can be fitter. A lot of players have the excuse that they are not playing ā€“ yeah, but you can still get fitter, you can still do extra, still do swimming, still do more weights, get your body-fat down.

"I did it both ways. I was able to get away with it when I was younger, having high body-fat and not leading the right lifestyle.

"But the last six, seven, eight years of my career, you certainly wanted to be as fit as you possibly could. When you consider thatā€™s your career and thatā€™s your job ā€¦ and particularly for players who are out of the team, get yourself fitter and you might get in the team.

"Itā€™s up to yourself. Nobody

should really throw that at you if you are a professional sportsperson, that you are not fit enough. My God, that must hurt players.ā€™ā€™

Keane will hope all his players are in good shape as they prepare for tomorrowā€™s home clash with West Ham, and in particular, Trinidad and Tobago trio Kenwyne Jones, Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards in the wake of Wednesday nightā€™s 3-0 World Cup win over Cuba.

FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner, a special adviser to the T&T Football Federation, has once again had his say this week over an alleged lack of respect shown by English clubs over their international players.

Keane, however, was in no mood to enter into dialogue with a man he has previously branded "a clownā€™ā€™ and "a disgraceā€™ā€™.

He said: "Maybe he should start looking at insurance for these players rather than getting worried about English clubs and stuff like that.ā€™ā€™

3-1 down at home to Bolton - how much longer does he have?

That disallowed goal was a killer. I thought it looked ok.

Some of the players really donā€™t look arsed. Not a good sign.

4-1

Keane Out

They are a shambles.

4-1 :smiley:

traitor prick

5th highest spender in europe:p

To save the game he brings on Tainio and Miller for Malbranque and Reid. Mind boggling stuff.

NCC - You sir are a retard.

On Keane, poor judgement has cost him, he bought alot of talented but troubled players, it will be a miracle if he survives to the end of the season. I have a feeling theyā€™ll give him until after the January window, and if its not going well theyā€™ll start getting ready for next year, and duely bring in a new manager.
I think Keane thought because he was a bit of a tearaway he could change alot of these guys, but from listening to reports of the some recent matches it seems some of the players donā€™t give a dam.
A Cork hurler once told me heā€™d never dream of becoming a manager because he couldnā€™t expect all the squad to be as committed as himself, maybe that has happened here.

Caoimhin? Standing up for a Cork man? Very unlike you :smiley: