Kerry babies

And what are your symptoms sir…

Honestly

There was vicious rumours going around that @Joe_Player was making little pin holes in the free condoms in Mary I a couple of years back … He was welfare officer on the student’s union at the time.

cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

There’s a few of the young bucks showing themselves up big time here this morning @Fagan_ODowd, the snowflake generation I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

1 Like

An Irish solution to an Irish problem.

As late as 2002 Fianna Fail held a referendum to rule out the threat of suicide as a grounds for abortion, which would have demolished the X Case, and it was only beaten by the narrowest of margins - 50.4% to 49.6%

As with the divorce referendum in 1995, it’s astonishing to look back and think of the narrow margins these referendums were won by.

It’s less surprising when you consider that the divorce referendum came only two years after the decriminalisation of homosexuality and five years after the law recognised marital rape as a thing.

1 Like

Are you saying the most homosexual organisations in ireland was deliberately trying to kill gay people thru spreading of aids virus???

Has this detective on the case said anything yet? He needed to prove that he was right! He even got a libel action out of it.

I remember this case very well, it was an awful time to be a young single woman and pregnant. An acquaintance of mine had a business and received some horrible letters from people after she kept on a girl who was working for her who fell pregnant in 1986. The language used in describing the girl was horrible, as were the anonymous cowards who sent them to her and the girl. The child grew up in a very loving family and went on to be a fantastic software developer, but if these people had their way they would have ended up being adopted…

5 Likes

The music was better.

Your perm and tash were very questionable tho.

Still are mate, still are.

1 Like

And wearing a white vest and trousers is a giveaway.

1 Like

The Kerry Babies case was often painted as the Murder Squad from Dublin getting involved in a rural issue they knew nothing about.

The chief detective on the case, Courtney, was from Dingle.

I’d say there’s a good TV series to be made about that murder squad

Hope your doing well now love.

4 Likes

As someone who was adopted rural Ireland has a very nasty streak. Parents tried to keep their kids away from me as I was “different”. Comments were made to me by innocent kids who clearly heard it at home.
All in all it made me a resilliant cunt, but that’s largely to do with the example of my father. I have met fellow adoptees and single mother kids who did not have that and struggled. Almost to a person they leave their home place and hate it.

6 Likes

More remarkable was that divorce was beaten 63 - 37 in 1986 but passed albeit by a wafer thin majority 9 years later.

My best friend growing up was adopted, as was his brother.

I never on any occasion witnessed or heard any type of abuse or even minor comments made to them.

Maybe that is just County Leitrim.

1 Like

Wow. Who makes their imaginary friend adopted?

10 Likes

Of course you did not hear it. Nobody else really ever would. Does not mean it did not happen. Hopefully it didn’t.

But does your experience dilute mine in some way? Does it make a lie of mine?
Or maybe your friends would be afraid to say it? They were irish males. It’s not a stretch to suggest they bottled it up.

One question though. We’re the parents blow-ins?
Mine were and I believe that made a difference. Bizarrely i’M still considered an outsider by some sections of the town land.

That’s how fucking pathetic people are.