Kevin myers- an alright sort

Your original statement on Trump and “his supporters”;

I love the contradictions you get with trump and his supporters.

The anti-semitic rhetoric and yet the unquestioning support for Israeli far-right hardliners.

Further on;

You don’t have to be familiar with a frog meme to think many Trump voters are anti-semitic, pal.

And the fact that you still deny what you were laughing at just shows the level of complete and utter denial you have about the racism, anti-semitism and vilification of all Muslims by Trump and his supporters.

Further on you stated;

There isn’t a question on census forms “are you anti-semitic?”, to which people answer “yes”, which would appear to be your criteria for determining anti-semitism.

You tried, and failed, to paint “Trump supporters” as anti semites.

You used a couple of instances of swastikas being painted on walls. You then tried to use a few thousands tweets to claim it.

Basically you took a very fringe viewpoint and tried to paint it onto tens of millions of Americans.

You’re an embarrassment

Again, of course you don’t.

Ken Livingstone has spent decades talking about Jewish people’s wealth and conflating it to Nazism.

The guy keeps getting suspended from Labour, but Jeremy won’t expel his mate.

Where did I say “all” Trump supporters were anti-semites, mate?

You’re proving me right beautifully here.

Realization comes dropping slow:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=dead+fish+floating&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO2ICtj7bVAhUIIMAKHT9KAnIQ_AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=909#imgdii=BEm1AjCtzNFMNM:&imgrc=lIgod7cNxa3PXM:

I have no gra for O’Doherty or Myers nor have I condoned anything they said through official channels.

Where have I started multiple threads on her? - and she may not use racial or religious stereotypes but she also neglects to use an ounce of substance in writing and just bemoans situations in life that haven’t gone the way she wanted them to - like the democratic election of Donal Trump. Her throwing the pram and more or less calling everyone who voted for him stupid/sexist/racist is hardly engaging with the virtues of intellectualism and reasoned debate that her role as a journalist (or a good journalist) demands. She’s an idealist, inflicted with the modern scourge of not having the gumption or wherewithal to do her job - but she’s not fully to blame here as that seems to be the barometer these days.

Where did I say that?

You made broad brush strokes statements about “Trump supporters” above though.

You were correct that Trump supporters are in the main pro Israel. The reason you know this is because polls consistantly show a correlation between GOP support and pro Israel povs.

The anti semitism - you got that from a few tweets, where hilariously you said Palestine wasn’t mentioned when it was repeatedly, and a few swastikas.

If I called all Labour Party supporters anti semites for supporting a party which refuses to kick Ken Livingstone out (but they keep him suspended), you’d go mental. And that is one of the major figures in the Labour Party.

You have no appreciation or knowledge of data, or actually putting a coherent argument together to marry the data in, you are about narratives and what makes you feel good.

That’s red pill stuff, mate.

Tens of millions of people voted for Trump. You said I branded “tens of millions” of people as anti-semites. That’s a pretty clear statement that you believed I was talking about all of them.

I didn’t brand “tens of millions” of people as anti-semites. I’m saying there is a significant proportion of anti-semites amongst Trump’s support, which there is, and the behaviour of Trump has encouraged and emboldened them, which it has. There is also a much larger segment of conventional racists or white people to whom race is an issue amongst Trumps support. Polls consistently showed that race was a bigger issue among Trump supporters than it was among supporters of other Republican candidates in the primaries.

Not all Trump supporters are far-right. Pretty much all the far-right in the US are Trump supporters.

Ken Livingstone isn’t a major figure in the Labour Party. He isn’t even an MP. He’s a former major figure in the Labour party whose career is essentially over and is pretty much irrelevant now.

Was Una a mainstream Journo in 2012? If she was, I certainly wasn’t aware of her existence then and that second thread is clearly in jest and not a mention of her in the OP.

The first thread also wasn’t about her per se, but rather applying the personification of her ego to people like you – Does this make ‘screaming mullaly’ an adjective @Malarkey - I can never grasp these things…

If we knew you were so sensitive we would have gone to town on you years ago.

4 Likes

You are denying it now, because you were comprehensively shown up.

You furiously looked for evidence to support your claim after the fact, and what you found was pathetic.

Example of you trying to prove a problem of millions;

There’s a whole thread of you there doing it. Desperately looking for evidence to back up your claims. When you were finally beaten, you came out with this;

Data isn’t relevant for Sidney, as he just feels it.

And to cap it all off, with Ken Livingstone and the Labour Party, you “can’t recall” any such statements and won’t go looking. Ken Livingstone is apparently “not a big figure”. So why are the Labour Party not expelling him and keep suspending him? Ken Livingstone is one of Corbyn’s biggest supporters. It’s amazing how you can ignore figures like Jared Kushner being a key Trump advisor and brother in law, as well as the likes of Ken Livingstone, when it suits.

All because this is all a game of football to you. You don’t give a shit about anti semitism, you were looking for an angle to slag off Trump.

She’s been a mainstream journalist for well over a decade. Wrote about music for the Sunday Tribune since at least 2005 until its closure in 2011.

Mullally writes from an unapologetic feminist perspective. Those perspectives are pretty much always correct and have always been so.

Those who object to such perspectives tend to be deeply paranoid and insecure about what they see as a rightful male hegemony being challenged - the Afrikaaner/Unionist comparison is apt - the alt-right and much of the mainstream right has coalesced around an identity politics pushback against such perspectives - it’s largely white, male and straight and wants to protect the hegemony of such characteristics.

1 Like

All that effort to write that for no substantive point whatsoever.

Brush up on your comprehension skills and debating skills because you continue to be found wanting as regards the former and display nothing as regards the latter.

#SAD!

Okay guys, could you take the repetitive Trump stuff back to the US politics thread where @anon7035031 is no doubt waiting for you?

5 Likes

Those perspectives are pretty much always correct and have always been so :rofl:- Is she’s so right, why is she paid much less than men who are so wrong? - If she’s so right, why did she get the US presidential election and Brexit so wrong? She’s at her best whining about the wall paper in Starbucks or how hard it is to find love online - that’s her level. You can spout as much literary theory as you want, she may be right, but she will never be right, ever.

1 Like

So there’s a swift roll over by Sidney then.

1 Like

Yes, I rolled right over your “points” like a steamroller, mate. :grin:

Yep. You have no counter points. You generally will talk something to exhaustion but can’t even do it here. Comprehensive.

2 Likes

Ah, poor Tim. Making excuses like an Irish rugby follower after yet another comprehensive World Cup quarter-final defeat.

Go off and whine about Una Mullally or somebody.

After the last RWC you were coming out to bat for the Irish rugby team.

That you are now restoring to an anti rugby football position is quite telling. You know your goose is cooked and looking for some refuge from the boys on here.

And the Una Mulally thing- nothing to do with what we were talking about there, but off you go pivoting again.

Keep digging :grin: