Kevin myers- an alright sort

Please stay, i enjoy your posts.

Yeah, just about. The boring Tippo who came in with the “shoe shit” reference got scraped.

Carry on carrying the burden of yourself. Mate.

I suppose nearly anyone or anything would brighten up a haven for former Loaded readers turned DIY enthusiasts.

5 Likes

:joy: oooft

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

poor old @Gman

No, mate, you took it up as me saying all Trump supporters are anti-semites. That’s a basic problem of comprehension on your part.

But given that he has many, many millions of supporters, it’s a very fair and logical assumption to assume that at least 2 million of them are anti-semites, especially given that both the Trump campaign and the aftermath, and the rhetoric of his supporters has featured far, far more anti-semitism than any campaign in US presidential history.

Donald Trump is still very close to conspiracy theory shill Alex Jones, by the way. He calls him and takes advice from him. And Jones is undoubtedly an anti-semite.

And again here, your defence is embarrassing.

You say that somebody can’t be an anti-semite because their daughter marries a Jew.

Deary me.

That’s Ron Atkinson-esque.

I don’t recall them, mate.

Strange that you expect me to go around memorising every single thing a former UK politician has ever said.

fucking hell, are you back to bore us all to submission again?

I do indeed. praise the lord you are here to educate us poor souls.

:grin:

Poor @Fran

1 Like

Its ok pal, I find it hard to understand him so I’m not sure if he is giving me abuse or being friendly.

Seething*

*an exact word

2 Likes

To be fair, it was a headline that basically called him a homophobic over the Panti Bliss thing. But the article itself basically said the same.

Only recently did the Irish Times apologise.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/opinion/john-waters-apology-1.2965228%3Fmode=amp

There’s more to the UM thing though as he explains here;

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2014/04/john-waters-answers-the-liberal-establishment-and-the-craven-irish-times/

The Irish Times deliberately drove him out of the paper. Patsy McGarry was off tweeting about him behind an anonymous twitter account, a la KP and the England cricket team, for a time before.

There is no doubt that the Irish Times is institutionally to the left on social issues, which is fine, but masquerading as the paper of record is a bit much.

The Independent I see today had both Collete Browne and Ian O’Doherty in their columnist pages, two very different columnists. The IT promotes Fintan O’Toole and Una Mulally like no other, the only conservative voice left is Breda O’Brien.

1 Like

Hopefully she will be written out of the story soon enough also.

Mullally has the majority of this forum rattled to fuck.

Splendid work.

She’s great.

Great at what exactly?

Screaming

1 Like

Living proof of the Dunning-Kruger Effect… You might even say Gman, for those who want to get ‘acquainted’ with the topic, is the G spot of this area:

She’s great at rattling you. You’ve been whining like a baby at her columns for years.

Una Mullally 1 @ChocolateMice 0.

that for me or you? I’ve said already I’m not intellectual and that I am dim. I am fully aware of my intelligence deficiencies pal. It means I dont take gentle barbs to heart. For example, I dont get annoyed at random people on an internet forum who may take slight umbrage to any article I may have written. I suppose being so intelligent and better than us meant you needed to fight you corner and defeat us all one by one. consider me defeated. Carryharry is nearly gone too.

2 Likes

Is that the purpose of her articles, to rattle @ChocolateMice?

If that’s all you demand from journalists you’re easily pleased and a hypocrite to boot as you equally whine about Myers and O’Doherty and their ilk

1 Like

She gives her opinions, mate. She writes what is called an opinion column. And they clearly deeply rattle you given you’ve gone to the trouble of starting a multiple threads to voice your offence at her worldview.

And she doesn’t use broad brush racial and religious stereotypes like Myers and O’Doherty, which you appear to find acceptable.

Now that’s actual hypocrisy on your part.