Kilkenny GAA thread

I’d agree.

The game I was at on Sunday Kilkenny got 2 goals from long puck outs and it should have been 3.

I believe Ballyhale Shamrocks played a challenge match this evening and all their county players were present and togged.

No rest there.

Second goal by Keoghan was not from a long puckout.

What’s your definition of long?

There is no problem with long puckouts or short puckouts for that matter, the big problem is when it becomes too predictable. Variety to hit all positions of the park is necessary and it’s something Cody has failed to adapt to.

Murphy must take some of the blame and as @peddlerscross and @Malarkey have said his swing is not good enough. It must be noted Donal Og and Darren Gleeson could find their man with the use of an almost overhead strike that allows the keeper to draw the ball from right to left. This means an easier catch for the fielder also.

Murphy strikes across and at times under the ball. With proper coaching he could have been anything.

2 Likes

The ball struck in that TJ caught was not from a long puckout.

Those boys know more about that than me. There is no doubt Murphy cuts a slice on it and the ball lingers a bit longer/loopier and is more spinny. Who are we to know though that this isn’t what’s requested at training.

Its still here unopened Fran.

You’re waiting for the five-in-a-row

2 Likes

1 Like

What did UL win?

2 Likes

Best recruited college staff in the world

Do you honestly believe any kilkenny forward wants to stand under a loopy, spinny puck out while that limerick half back line approach from behind like a herd of buffaloes?

The less time the ball is in the air the better. Eanna Murphy was best at it this year.

4 Likes

Tommy Welsh - hit it is a high as you can. I want a good jump at it.

1 Like

There was only one Tommy

He’s gone

Players must take some responsibility somewhere along to way. John Donnelly was in the 11 channel a number of times on Sunday also and Murphy refused to find him.

Donnelly is a good fielder with excellent catching skills. You need to mix it up.

3 Likes

The mooted press conference was all bollocks then?

Well Cody was never going to do a press conference, whatever.