Kilkenny GAA thread

Announcement made.

Players have been told…

I’m gutted.

He didn’t want to steal limericks thunder by stepping down on Monday. You’d have to have great respect for him.

We won’t ever see his type again.

1 Like
8 Likes

Extremely classy statement.

1 Like

Im gone and no more about it.

12 Likes

GOAT

2 Likes

They should have announced it just as the football All-Ireland was about to start, to keep in tradition with Kilkenny’s views on football.

The greatest manager in GAA history, some record.

4 Likes

The first time in history hurling has overshadowed the All-Ireland football final.

Kilkenny have an All Ireland Football title, a bit of respect please

Kiely now the longest serving manager on the inter county scene

The GOAT.

All the players should wear black arm bands tomorrow as a mark of respect.

Why?

Cody as manager has won more All Ireland finals in his time in charge than all bar 2 counties have in 134 years. 11 All Irelands as a manager is a phenomenal record. Its often said that a manager can make a team 10% better or 30% worse. Well for Cody, he really makes a team better, and not just 10%. The fact that he constantly gets a team to lift themselves to be better as a sum total than their individual parts, whilst playing a most basic style, says it all about his motivational prowess and ability to eek as much out of every player as he possibly can.

2 Likes

Can come out with a massive essay, like some lads here are probably lining up. The truth of it all is Brian Cody is the greatest GAA manager of all time, and the most significant figure in GAA the past 24 years.

2 Likes

Legend. Brilliant manager and a brilliant GAA man.

1 Like

Cody ruined many days for me as a child. The best manager ever. I’ll be spitting on my hands out of respect in Croker tomorrow.

16 Likes

Thanks Brian

2 Likes