Kilkenny GAA thread

Antrim 1-7 to KK 4-16 at half time.

Picture grainy here on the old IPTV. Camera work doesn’t grab the attention either. Antrim useless in their own puckouts. Keoghan scored most of the goals I’d say. Blanchfield hurling well. Could we make a centre back out of him?

Only one winner here I’m afraid.

I thought Antrim would be better but the early goals killed it.

They had it back to three points but went pear shaped again with the puckouts.

The HURLING POWER RANKINGS™️ will be interesting you’d have to think. Antrim on course to score something like 4-15 to 5-20 which means KK can still be caught.

3-20 to 5-31

KK have gone backwards.

I’ve respect for Kk supporters, but blaming the referee for a loss from what I’ve seen on social media is idiotic. Ya’s fucked away a 7 point lead (?) against a team who’d won fuck all this year.

Still hope ya’s go well this year.

1 Like

Lyons let them away with murder on chin and McDonald.

1 Like

TJ Reid got away with an obvious foul on Matthew O’ Hanlon for one of his scores in the first half. Although I suppose that Pádraig Walsh wide looked over near the end so swings and roundabouts. This generation of Kilkenny player have a bit of a mental block when it comes to playing Wexford. That’s 2 wins for Kilkenny in their last 7 championship meetings with Wexford. 1 of those victories was a draw in 70 minutes too.

Like back to the early 90’s. We beat Kk, but never go any further. Matters little.

You’d have to question the convenient 10 minute delay to throw in today. By the time there were 10 minutes to go KK knew Wexford had to win and that they themselves had qualified for the Leinster final. They just toyed with Wexford after that knowing they didn’t have to relegate their neighbours

4 Likes

You’re worse for relying on idiots on social media for their musings. I saw one particular idiot saying 2 wides were points and the goal should have been allowed, and he wasnt even at the match. Thats the kind of shit you’re dealing with.

I thought Lyons was reasonably ok. I thought we found it much harder to get frees, Chin at one stage had a kk defender lie on top of him so he couldnt get up to make a tackle. I thought we got one or two really handy frees too. Simon Donohoe made one outrageous dive and Lyons rightly told him to get up. The play at the end was blown up well before it hit the net. We got a 65 that wasnt onw, when Mac should have buried it he flicked it over Murphy. They got one too that wasnt, Dee had it flicked away from him. The linesman gave an awful call in the second half and Rory put it over nearly in anger when he got the scuttery line ball taken by kk. He got a huge cheer then when he gave the next call to us, but in fairness took it in good spirit and waved to the Wexford crowd. Anyway, the ref had little or no bearing on that result.

You can question whether kk tried hard or not, but the fact they were still scoring goals late on and still going hard for the win would say a lot. I think they were out for a statement win, to go thru unbeaten and be on a momentum. They were always safe into the final, but its not good for teams to go in on a loss in sport. You can question whether it was as important to them as it was to Wexford, but most genuine kk fans werent too bothered by the result and any of the lads i know and the few i met after the game said it was good we won as the championship wouldnt be the same without us in it. A bit of a pat on the head job, but its well intended.

Clowns on social media, all over, are just that.

1 Like

The ROC line ball was correctly a KK ball.

Hit ROC on the leg on the way out :man_shrugging:

Over at the open side in the second half? It was flicked out by a kk player as roc went to catch it, it didnt hit his leg, the linesman contended that roc fumbled it out and not hit by the kk player

We didnt beat them at all from 1988 until 96.

I was about 20 yards from it. I thought it did.

This is the sensible conclusion. I logged into see the results to find all the games still live. Well, well over time despite… who was the Wx Kk ref?

Colm Lyons. The game was delayed starting, not that he played longer

Yea, but why is the question.

That Wexford penalty looked very soft