Kilkenny GAA thread

I’d love to see him win something. A real sliding doors moment when his Village team lost to Ballyhale in a classic around 20/21 covid.

He was inconsolable

1 Like

That club game was one of the very best ones ever in Kilkenny.

2 Likes

Eoin is going well with the Juniors. So…

Will be 39 next December.

1 Like

Where are Darren Mullen, Ronan and Darragh Corcoran?

Age means nothing to a player like Eoin Reid.

1 Like

Conor Hennessey was a real handful corner forward, Kilmacow had no one able to handle him. They moved Luke Harney back on him for a finish but the damage was done at that stage. Danny Glennon got a few nice scores in the other corner and Colman O’Sullivan got on plenty of ball midfield. Johnny Hayes started brightly for Kilmacow but had no support and faded out of it.

1 Like

Luke Harney was some minor. Surprising he never made it.

Junior championship in Kilkenny is strong again this year. Having the likes of OLG 2 & Blacks and Whites at intermediate is weird when there’s strong sides at junior.

Have you a B-bridge team there?

OLG 2 are decent – and will hardly disimprove too much in medium term.

Dicksboro should be Junior with a few years. Have a feeling that we will see in medium term the three city clubs all Intermediate.

Not at minute. But I will get it for you.

1 Like

Probably lacked the discipline to keep himself in the kind of shape needed at the top level. Mouthy fucker too, probably not the type Cody would have tolerated bar he had exceptional ability

2 Likes

Not necessarily a good thing. Sign of the times of urbanisation.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The bauld Dan the Man Shanahan still involved.

:moneybag::moneybag:

Darragh Corcoran is in US on break at moment but will be back before long. Darren Mullen also back from US in near future, seemingly. Brian Cody, Rónan Corcoran, Joe Cuddihy (Australia) and Joey Holden (South America) are obviously all away for year. Colin Fennelly is working in Dubai but talking about coming home for knockout game(s). Team will ultimately be down four/five starters for championship. So be it.

1 Like

Does Liam Blanchfield not play anymore?

1 Like

Thanks for that.

David Blanchfield out for another week or so, I hear.

1 Like

Who’s Liam Barron?