Kilkenny GAA thread

Not sure of story with him or Ciarán Brennan.

1 Like

So I believe, his mothers side of the family are from down this side and I was told after the Clare game he was facing a month to 6 weeks out.

1 Like

Joey seems to be enjoying all sorts in SA but I bet hel be back for the knockouts when it comes to it.

22yo. Has appeared a good bit at Senior over last three years. But the reality is that these lads are trying to break into the best Senior club team in country. Liam would be starting on 90% of Senior teams around. Hardworking and mobile. Not a frequent point taker. Better at 12 than at 10, I would say.

2 Likes

Not on the cards, from everything I hear.

Thanks for that.

1 Like

A few more to come into it. D Blanch hardly played?

A bear pit, Lachtains came down last year 12 months after contesting the intermediate final. Ballyragget were senior 3/4 years ago. Windgap and Tullogher will both feel they can win it and there’s invariably a dark horse ala Blacks & Whites last year.

2 Likes

Is he from the Hugginstown side of Ballyhale?

Yes and no. You have to salute the work the city clubs are doing from U6 up.

There are hundreds of houses being built in the Boro catchment at the moment, with more to come over the next four or five years. So…

Fairly sure Brennan is in the states for the summer. Saw him at a young age anx thought he was the bees knees. Hasn’t kicked on at all. Size against him

1 Like

Serious soccer player as well, was looked at by any number of English clubs apparently

1 Like

No, he is from Coolmeen, which is very much plumb in the Ballyhale side. The family roots, on father’s side, would be in Thomastown Parish. Has a younger brother, Tomás, in subs.

Has a first cousin of same age, Stephen Barron, who has got runs at Senior as well in same period. He is away at minute. Stephen has a highly promising younger brother at U15.

Made too much of a young god in SKC, alas. Peaked at 16.

1 Like

Sound for not mentioning the Lockes. We’ll show you, we’ll show all of you…

There’s already young lads in the Boro dropping off who’d make 90% of club teams. It’s only going to get worse.

I’d expect our lads and your lads to be also rans I’m afraid. I just hope Windgap don’t win it, that whole Power transfer saga stinks to high heaven.

2 Likes

You are correct on that point. But hard to know what to do. To be fair, Dicksboro now put out five adult teams. So…

People talk about having a fourth club in city – as an antidote to numbers/drop off problem. Cannot see myself, best will in world, how that fourth club could be set up.

The big absentee is Niall Shortall. Not sure if he is away or injured.

Where would you set up a 4th city club?