Kilkenny GAA thread

I’m disappointed.
I thought they were moving that statue into Tipp.

1 Like

We’ve been moved into Tipp North here in Freshford. Except that the area is still reeling from the sudden death of its most beloved citizen, I’d say there’d be consternation.

Will any candidate put themselves forward from the area, or are there any possible candidates?

“Disenfranchised”

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

The ‘Bridge beat the Shamrocks.
No other details.,

A nice little victory too.

The Shamrocks have really taken the piss out of the league the last few years :rofl:

I shouldn’t be getting my hopes up so?

I took a walk today around the Green and then John Locke Park earlier when the EV was charging - by God JLP is looking great. As too are the soccer pitches.

:heart_eyes:

I don’t know about that. I had a look at the tables there and even if Shamrocks win their last match against Stephens they’re not guaranteed to progress depending on the Graig/Ballycallan result.

Can somebody verify?

It doesn’t really matter when it comes to championship though does it, they just start a round earlier or something?

Exactly. Top four teams from the league (two groups of six) go into the league semis and are also through to the quarter finals of the championship. The other 8 teams play in the first round. The winners joint the other four in the quarters, the losers go into the relegation semis.

If only we did this structure at inter county level :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Callan beaten by just the 15 points yesterday by Urlingford :sob: . The Emeralds must still be seething from being made vote for the likes of Crooked Lowry and AK47 Kelly

Tell me about this 'Bridge lad Luke Connellen playing for Thomastown.
Three Connellen brother apparently…

What are Threecastles in a county final in? Great colour up as I passed through today.

The won the Junior C championship final over the weekend.
I’d say they’re at it non-stop in the Rock since.

2 Likes

Twas closed today when I passed.

Also, Johnstown is really fucked as a town. One pub where there was once 4, 2 shops closed in the past decade.

Nope, Campions all the way for the Threecastles crew.
They wouldn’t really go to The Rock much , there’s a story there but I’m unsure about all the details.
Campions might look closed too but looks are deceptive

1 Like

Agreed, passed through recently on way to Galmoy GAA(first time there ever this Summer). Johnstown a ghost town but literally on top of Urlingford which still has some commerce and life to it.