Kilkenny GAA thread

The notable players list looks interesting. But if you asked me who the ones I recognise played for, I’d say James Stephens.

From reading that list, it looks like most went to play with James Stephen’s. Would that be the area where the CBS is?

CBS Would be more Boro territory than Village.

This is from the 1998 Kilkenny GAA yearbook. Eire Og were a League of Nations without a juvenile wing, they finished up in 1968.

1 Like

I’d guess the housing estate around the old pitch was built around that time. Lads settled there and that was it then.

I think a lot of the Village stalwarts in the 70s were from Mary’s parish. From conversations I’ve heard I think it caused a bit of consternation at the time. I could be corrected on this but don’t think were Dicksboro a major factor at the time.

Fair enough assessment, 3 decent minors that could play junior next year including our long term goalkeeping option IMO. The success of the minor group is the numbers we’re carrying more than anything. 15s are a very good group that will pick up 3/4 excellent 16 year olds for a craic at minor A next year. 13s are similar to what we would have considered a town team in the past in that they could be peaking very early for various reasons. Happy to be wrong on that point. Whatever way you mince it we re looking at an almost clearout at adult hurling and another 3/4 years before we get highly competitive even at junior with the big caveat that the decent lads we have at 18 to 20 now develop further rather than become disillusioned with the inevitable slog the next couple of years presents.

1 Like

The “Carrigeen” experiment!

1 Like

Just left the Tullaroan/Mullinavat game early, you couldn’t really add any more.

1 Like

Who wore their away kit?

Mullinavat fittingly, wore Black.

1 Like

6-20

Woof

Scoreline flattered Mullinavat!

All that silly football has them ruined.

Callan are BACK!

2 Likes

Only if “BACK” is a witty acronym of some sort!
Encouraging win all the same, the evolving demographic done well.

Fogra - In Kilmanagh this evening, has to be the best surface I’ve seen on a club ground ever! Outstanding.

2 Likes

Big Phil, where are you?
Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Landgrabbing munster bastards to the west and south of us.

6 Likes

Bonkers stuff :joy: