Kilkenny GAA thread

Was an unlikely scenario anyway as windgap or St lachtains etc look stronger. If it did happen though is there still a promotion?

Never, as someone said. James Stephens are Senior since 1956.

If they go down, OLG will be longest standing Senior club. Won Intermediate in 1996. Ballyhale Shamrocks won Intermediate in 1997.

1 Like

No. But losing club first team goes forward into Leinster Championship – same as Conahy Shamrocks did a few years ago.

1 Like

Threecastles have so many different imports mainly from Dicksboro that they are and could potentially continue to grow into a de facto fourth club that side of the city.

Great point. Could not agree more. Have been saying for a few years that a bylaw should be brought in that anyone from Dicksboro, JS and OLG should be allowed to transfer to Threecastles.

I suppose it’s like anything, it’s all good until Threecastles become too strong.

2 Likes

Just looking at the roll of honour there, I see James Stephens won their first two seniors in 1935 and 1937.

Oooft!

How did you not know they are the Tipperary of KK hurling? EVERYONE hates them

Harsh!

Maybe but there’ll be a fair few happy to see them go down. And just the novelty factor of them playing intermediate would be something to look forward to next year.

I get all that. But the comparison was with Tipp. That’s a different level!

There is talk that many of the new inhabitants of Bishops Lough etc might gravitate toward Threecastles.

Red Card James Stephens, 16 mins gone.

Is this a relegation final or semi?

Final

By god. In trouble so. Could be a sad end to the great man

Village lead by 2 at ht.

3-5 1-9

Comedy Glenmore keeper for 2 of them

And they with an All-Star keeper playing out the field. Must tune into KCLR for the second-half. Don’t have a dodgy box for Clubber.

Eoin Murphy is injured

1 Like