Kilkenny GAA thread

Driving long wides is killing the bridge here.

Yeah, and anything dropped in around the house was going ok for them.

Start was a killer.

cc @caoimhaoin :laughing:

1 Like

Because that ref is an Uber cunt, that’s why

Some fat lads on show today.

Shamrocks bet to a last minute goal from the Vegas boys cc @Fran

The ‘Lockes bet by Gowran by 5 points :unamused: cc @Piles_Hussain

League fixtures, championship not started so not run off yet cc @theforum

1 Like

Shamrocks in a relegation semi now. No team has won a senior county final from there.

Eoin Larkin picked centre back for the Village.

Still a round remaining and with 3 other teams on 4 points including JS & OLG who play each other, granted their score difference is woeful.

Br. Damien Brennan RIP

Just wondering how old he was. Couldn’t have been that old.

Youngest christian brother in the country by 20 odd years or so i was told a few weeks ago. Very sad day for a lot of us. An adopted Lockes legend, trained us to the intermediate in 99, trained the cbs to its 1st all ireland senior title, a ‘b’ but for a small school it was wonderful at the time. He will be terribly missed around the town.

1 Like

Is that the fella Tyrell goes to?

Went to, and he wasn’t the only one.

1 Like

RIP. God love him. He came to Callan CBS in 1990 and I would say he was late 30’s then.
Edit:
He was 59, born in 1960. Christ he was only 30 when he came to us first :flushed:

If the school team, any of them, would win a match he’d get the newspaper clippings if there were any and make a big poster out of it, praising those lads who did well. This was something we had never seen before.
I said it on here before but I didn’t think much of him at the start and for the year he taught (90/91), but was I wrong. He was an incredible trainer and motivator on the field of play. Remember going to play a match on a bus and we were all messing as young lads would. He glared at us all, told us we were 90mins our from the throw in and to get our minds ready for the game. Unheard of back then but a real good practice to do.

1 Like

I know a few KK lads who say they wouldn’t have won all those All Irelands in the past 20 years with him. A lot of the players used to give for individual training sessions and chats with him.

RIP

Was he ill?

1 Like

Been battling a good while

1 Like

RIP Br Brennan, a fine Laois man from good football stock.

1 Like