Kilkenny v Limerick 2019

it’s a time linked factor. Past success gives a false sense of hope for a couple of years to the shit teams.

We had something similar in the not too distant past. Win an All ireland, confidence builds, you think you can win more, then realisation sets in and you start to feel like it wont happen again. Then out of nowhere, you get a sudden result (Leinster win 2004) and that goodwill resets the clock for another couple of years. Bar a couple of wins 3 years ago, we havent had much to go on since 2004 until this year. So now we are going to win every game we ever play again.

Limerick would be somewhat similar. Had their spike in the mid 90’s, then did fuck all of note after that. The 21’s were really the one thing that maintained the delusional levels of optimism. Then when that started fading, bang, an All Ireland appearance in 2007. That carried weight for another few years of utter ineptitude until bang, Munster win in 2013. That has kept the timeline ticking over. If ye get knocked out by Kilkenny, then next years levels will drop off again, that is unless your U21’s do something this year, and the levels will be raised again and you will win every All Ireland until eternity.

4 Likes

We’re going to destroy the boring robotic 'suppose bastards…

1 Like

Makes sense. So in effect a win on Saturday just makes the road a little easier for what’s left in it

a win on Sunday means the ideal final pairing of Wexford v Limerick is one step closer to reality.

1 Like

Limerick got 5 goals and Fennelly got none

3 Likes

Early forecast is for rain… it will suit those mullocking kk cunts.

3 Likes

Twould be cheaper to get a cab back to.limerick

Wnat will kiely whine about Saturday

Saturday night championship games in Kilkenny with pre and post match pints are absolutely magic. You cunts should make every effort to stay over and drink it in maaaan.

It’s also worth a token phone call to a few of the hotels on Thursday, Friday and even Saturday morning. Rooms may be fully booked out now but there’ll always be a few who’ve got free 24-hour or 48-hour cancellation and some of these rooms may be cancelled during the week.

I got a room in The Ormonde Hotel in this way on the morning of our Saturday night victory over Waterford in July 2014. Similar enough to you chaps we only had 5 or 6 days’ notice of the fixture after going to a replay with Clare.

Nowlan Park is a cracking match venue - some wonderful memories of Saturday night games there. Waterford in 2003 when Larry Murphy was sprung in the first half and destroyed them with Darragh Ryan boxing the head off Seamus Prendergast being my favourite. :clap:

You don’t want to be fucking off on a car journey in the unlikely event that Limerick win.

2 Likes

That we didn’t bate the bastards by more…

1 Like

I take it you’ve had the pleasure then Flatty. I’m not talking about castle Durrow hotel mind

Look ye are going lo win

The general feeling from the man in the street is that Limerick are fucked on Saturday, I’ve spoken to a fair few people in work and a couple outside today and they’re expecting a trimming.
The formlines this year are impossible to call from but I think there’ll be very little in this, I’m gonna call a Limerick win.

I’ve wondered who Malachy was for a few weeks now, he’ll never again in his life have the freedom of the park he was given the other night,

All 4 matches listed on tickets.ie can buy tickets for 3 matches but our match is not on sale until friday?

@Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr is unfortunately spot on,Byrnes is highly unlikely to play as the swelling returned during county training.

Friday? That’s a bit short notice

Are you sure

Last train back to Dublin is at 7. Sake. Anyone going up and down from Dublin? I’ll probably drive myself at this stage. What state are the buses back if I get the train down? Calling @mac.

Horrible. Who will be beside slippy and Hannon.

Give @Irish_Rail a tweet and ask if they’re putting on any special trains.