Kilmarnock v Celtic

Friday night football on the BT Sport platform.

It kicks off a very busy spell for Celtic with Barcelona next midweek followed by the League Cup Final and then a hectic December including the final CL group game away to Manchester City.

How do we see this one going, bhoys*?

Izaguirre and Rogic were last back from international duty yesterday and I don’t think they’ll feature as Brendan is big into sport science, proper recovery etc. Gamboa was suspended for Costa Rica’s second game of the international break so he might be available as he returned earlier than anticipated.

Lustig missed Sweden’s games through injury so not sure if he’s fit while Toure hasn’t played since picking up a knock at home to BMG. I think Toure would need some gametime tonight if he’s to start against Barca. Killie play on the astroturf pitch so I wonder if he’ll risk Simunovic on this surface given his knee injury history - he might be rested for Barca.

A lot of team selection imponderables and I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays 3 at the back to compensate for the lack of full back options with Tierney also long term unavailable.

*@Rocko, @Nembo_Kid, @thedancingbaby, @anon98850436, @Ashman.

Bando

Hope ye beat those cunts. I am an Ayr United man.

Lots of informed speculation there Bando. Any danger that Armstrong could play full back again? Can make a case for not risking 4 or 5 defenders because of injury risks.

I’d like to see Roberts getting a run and Griffiths could do with an appearance to get some form back.

I have long committed to a table quiz tonight so will only see first half at best.

Looking forward to updates here*

• Are phones allowed at table quizzes these days ?

Yes, but only for a token and quick check of your texts. Any prolonged browsing will immediately raise suspicions of cheating.

FAO of bhoys, BT Sport have a new preview / pre-match show at 6.45pm.

1 Like

Presume that’s a 3 at the back rather than someone deputising at left back. Some sort of a 3-4-3.

Gordon

Lustig Boyata Sviatchenko
Brown Armstrong
Forrest McGregor
Roberts Dembele Sinclair
?

I predict it’s the Brendan invented 3-4-2-1 with Boyata central in the back 3, Forrest and McGregor wide right and left of the midfield 4 respectively and Roberts and Sinclair as “the pair of free 8s” behind Dembele.

1 Like

Rodgers has gone right off O’Connell after a fairly sloppy display away to St Johnstone in a post-European preliminary round game back in August. He’s barely featured in a matchday squad of 18 since then.

Forgot about him. Not even making the bench tonight is fairly damning.

Looks like a back 4 with McGregor left back.

It definitely started like that but it’s very, very fluid.

Bright start. Lots of pace to our passing

Brendan doesn’t do symmetry.

Concerned we’re rushing through the songbook tonight. This is a very early Grace.

@Nembo_Kid would not have enjoyed that turn into trouble by Armstrong.

Great effort by Forrest after a good break by Roberts.

Boyata has been rusty or crap as usual depending on your viewpoint.

Really bad 10 minutes for Boyata.

Did Toure sign a 2 year deal? We’ll need another centre back for next season regardless you’d think.

The pace of the astroturf pitch seems to be catching out plenty of players. Some passes that could have launched promising attacks being slightly under or overhit and moves breaking down.