King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

No as far as Iā€™m aware. Building up his media profile

Have no idea if youā€™re taking the piss or not. What media work does he do?

What a rude thing to say. But as ever I shall rise above. Heā€™s working a lot with radio 1 now and had done a lot of stuff prevfious with the OTB crowd

1 Like

Good to know. Never heard him on radio. Pity heā€™s not involved especially if Joyce is. Heā€™d have a huge amount to offer any aspiring young team. Seems to know his stuff too and always played football like it was meant to be played.

1 Like

And just how is that exactly?

2 Likes

I think Silke was the only one to see any game time last year? The talent they have is off the charts

Ah boy PJ & Co.

IMG_20190711_002927

8 Likes

AI JFC Semi-final
Galway 7-17
Meath 5-22

Galway by 1! :joy:

7 Likes

No sweeper system I think there

1 Like

They had sweepers in the half forward line

1 Like

I know we have seen it all before at minor level but there were a couple of genuinely classy forwards on show today and the keeper looked trustworthy as well.

2 Likes

PJ Qualter who played for Galway in the 1975 All Ireland Final has passed away. RIP

Was that his son who played for Dublin

Galway U-20 football manager PĆ”draic Joyce & his selectors have named their starting team for Saturdayā€™s All-Ireland U20 football semi-final vs Dublin in Longford (5pm)

1. Oran Burke (CorofinGAA)

2. Ross Mahon (CorofinGAA)

3. Sean Mulkerrin (Capt) (CLG OileƔin Ɓrann)

4. Eoin McFadden (Salthill Knocknacarra)

5. Liam Boyle (Kilkerrin/Clonberne)

6. Ciaran Potter (Annaghdowngaa)

7. Jack Kirrane (Milltown)

8. Matthias Barrett (Cumann Peile Naomh Anna)

9. Brian Harlowe (St Michaels)

10. Matthew Tierney (Oughterard)

11. Darragh Silke (CorofinGAA)

12. Tony Gill (CorofinGAA)

13. Padraig Costello (Dunmore MacHales)

14. Liam Costello (Milltown)

15. Rory Cunningham (St. Brendanā€™s)"

3 Likes

Arenā€™t the streets of London paved with gold?

In September, former London footballer Mark Gottsche returns to his native county to take up the role of Galway GAAā€™s Finance and Operations manager, an opportunity he admits he couldnā€™t turn down.

Last week, Gottsche announced that he was bringing the curtain down on his eight years with the London footballers.

Gottscheā€™s decision to step away from the inter-county game is due to the fact that he will start a new role and he admitted to the Irish Post that the timing was right for him to return home.

ā€œIt just felt like the right time,ā€ stated the Oranmore-Maree clubman. ā€œItā€™s a chance to go home and if I didnā€™t go for it now Iā€™m not sure when the chance would come around again.

ā€œThe new role is a big challenge and an opportunity I just couldnā€™t turn down.ā€

Is this on tg4?

Its on their youtube channel I think
Edit- Itā€™s live on TG4 youtube at 5 with deferred coverage on the telly at 7.30. The minor footballers are also live on TG4 youtube at 7 in their quarter final against Kildare, both games being played in Longford

1 Like

TFK in association with TG4 and Youtube brings you the u-21 semi final in the football. Production by Nogra. Sponsored by John Horan

This isnā€™t going very well